1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coolest female NPC in the BG Series?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like the bellydancing style vampires. I have a thing for bellydancers...

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

And I just thought you had a thing for the lay-dies :rolling:

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Um, maybe Bodhi would be nice if she wouldn't try to bore you to death with her monologues.

If you're a vampire you should bore only with your teeth. No holes to suck out your life come from incessant prattling, except bored ***holes with their will to live not decreased but their will to give pain increased, which is why Bodhi gets what she deserves.

I just hope that you could torture her to permanent death and this is not an S/M thing.

But luckily when she's on your side she's got the point and shuts up for the most of the time. Then she's :thumb:

edit: and actually Aerie is very very attractive. I've got a soft spot for over-emotional messes like her. She's pretty, naive and sensitive. That is just so sweet.

And that blast from the past thing at the ruined temple in ToB? I actually shed a few tears, for the voice acting was so touching, and well done. I get the same thing with emotional Jaheira dialogues as well, but that's because Jaheira's been there right from the beginning, so that when she's lost something you feel that too, since you've permanently lost a sympathetic NPC as well.

editII: oh yeah this was about the coolest female NPC!!! :outta:

[ August 23, 2006, 12:32: Message edited by: Iku-Turso ]

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

What about Sime, tha girl who helps you on your way to Brynnlaw ... I wonder if she's hot?

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    She ones and zeroes. Just ones and zeroes. Nothing to get overly excited about.... :rolleyes:

6. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Jaheira is my girl, hands down! She definitely is an all around babe. Good looking, independant, no nonsense attitude, tough, capable, loyal and yet some very intriguing dialoge.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hard to say, really. Jaheira is somewhere there, although it's not like Imoen isn't. Nalia was quite interesting and not bad despite being, after all, still a condescending confused little snob. Aerie wasn't as whiny as people say and she definitely was a good and kind girl. Just recall how she lost her wings.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Umm you like Nalia?

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes. Nalia is great.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

HAhaHAHA REALLY! I thought most people would find her to be an annoying rich kid that is just a waste of space in BGII ... As I do! I could understand why people would take her if they were compensating for Imoen, but umm I'm sure they rid themselves of her after that yeah?

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nalia is the best non-evil mage in the game and she is no more annoying than eny of the other NPCs so I struggle to see what the problem is with her. Jaheira, Mazzy, and Aerie are every bit as whiny as she is.

12. Fly2tHeSkY

:lol: AERIE, I agree with on that one HB! But I don't know I guess Naila just REALLY gets under my skin ... Not as good as imoen anyway.

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Imoen. Treat her like absolute shyte, and she's still with you to the bitter end, cheerful as ever. Now name any other woman that would do that. :)

14. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2nd "coolest": Jaheira.

1st "coolest": All the rest.

15. Lodis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Viconia De`Virr

16. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Phaere. I like dark elves and Phaere is seductive, manipulative and dangerous.

17. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veconia no contest.

@Harbourboy
    Huh? Nalia is the worst ever, whatever you do she whines about that your not making enough good deeds. To be honest I actually killed her in one game just because I got so angry.

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    :eek:

I never liked her, but you really don't like her do you?

Normally play as a Chaotic character, Stardust?

19. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Given time Nalia isn't as annoying after you rescue her from Isaea, she is greatful for being rescued and thankful to have a home in your party. This shows some growth and maturity on her part, what more do you want. Plus she is the best good aligned mage in the game.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sounds like your rep got a bit low for Nalia.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.