1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

custom portrait help?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by meldiocre, Sep 29, 2011.

1. meldiocre Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hiya, i just started playing baldur's gate last week. i guess i was busy the last 12 years or so. im using the weidu bg1+bg2 thingy and the fixpack and stuff like that, and everything is working great except this one thing:

no matter what i do i cant get my custom portraits to work. i know the dimensions, i know the bits, i know how to save files as 256 color or 16 bit or 24 bit or whatever is required, but ive tried EVERYTHING and every portrait i make myself (by saving and converting various pics i find) just turns up blank when i try to use it in-game.

i dont get it. ive downloaded portrait packs and those all work, and they have the same dimensions and colors that mine do. what am i doing wrong here? >_<

edit - got the small portrait to work by realizing that the filenames had to end in S or L, but cant get the large one to work. >_< this is the picture im trying to use. anybody have any ideas? http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/super-sexy-assassins-creed-mockup.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should rather upload your portraits as you're trying to use them somewhere so we can check what's wrong.

3. meldiocre Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

oh sorry, i didnt think to do that. but the good news is i figured out a solution (kind of). basically i just copied the thing i wanted over a stock portrait and saved it. probably not the greatest way to do it but the result is the same and im happy. thank you for the response though, people seem nice here. :)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Np and yes, yes we are. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.