1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DA:O - The good and bad stuff

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Hugin, May 9, 2012.

1. Hugin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi Vorona, thank You for your thoughts, I agree very much. I also started with BG and the other Infinity games.

Too bad there is no way to download mods for mac. I found a few pretty cool mods like "auto-loot" and "respec"

The final battle wasn't that hard, just be prepared .... After defeating the archdemon, i started a new game instantly - lol

Compared to other games of today, (like The Witcher, Mass Effect, Skyrim and more) Dragon Age is on the top of the list :cool:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

DA2 when it was first released is when all of those issues existed. I didn't see any of those issues with the most recent updated patch. Any character I killed in DAO was dead in DA2.

Has anyone seen the new DA:Dawn of of the Seeker movie? I got the special BR for $12 through Amazon.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Leliana still shows up...

4. Hugin Gems: 3/31

(Thx Rawgrim, I've decided NOT to buy DA 2)

Just a quick question, is NWN 2 any good, compared to DAO ??

I read about some awesome mods for NWN 2, is there anyone still playing ?

Can you even buy it anymore ?

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You can get NWN 2 on amazon, I belive. As for how good it is...I`d say not as good as DA:O. Mostly due to the lacklustre story. But...kind of on par with Icewind Dale, maybe?
    If Baldur`s Gate 2 is a 10, then NWN 2 is a 6. Hope that helps. Just my personal opinion, though.

6. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The NWN2 OC is meh but the MotB campaign is excellent, reminiscent of the infinity engine games. You -must- get MotB if you buy NWN2. Storm of Zehir is optional.
    I'm not sure if anyone here still plays NWN2 but NWN2 online worlds are still functional. The game has been re-released numerous times so there should be no shortage of copies.

7. Hugin Gems: 3/31

Hi Paracelsi,

I mostly wantet NWN2 because of the modules. Like "BG Reloaded" and "Icewind Dale" (!!!) and to play around with the toolset. The OC must wait (I was modding for NWN1 when it came out 10 years ago. And I read the NWN2 toolset is very alike, so I'll give it a try).

BUT - I was looking today. NWN2 is sold out here (Denmark)

Looks like the community is very strong though, compared to the DAO community. And many people are still playing, it seems. So I'm gonna have to get the game somehow, i would love to run through IWD in 3d :)

EDIT: Hi Rawgrim, yeah thanks man. By the way, I actually love IWD and HOW, so I'm looking forward to try NWN2, but as i said, the game is currently sold out here (Denmark)

8. Aetherguard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the only thing this game has in common with WoW is the 3 main races are in both games. The graphics are similar to WoW as well, but that is about all imo.

9. Hugin Gems: 3/31

one last comparrison

[​IMG] One last thing folks. The name Orgrimmar really reminds me of Orzramor. Perhaps just me ?

Other names in the game was very similar.

Enough comparrison, on the buttom line we all agree that DAO is a really great game, and WoW is not ...

:)

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We do not, WoW is a vastly better game than DAO. I played DA:O once and I had about as much fun as I had when I levelled my sixth alt in WoW. What we can agree on is that they are games of different genres but I still hold onto my opinion that DA:O's gameplay is very similar to WoW.

11. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Here I thought the thread was to focus on DA:O..

I like DA:O. There are comments party members make that are quite humorous. You make decisions that affect your party members as well as storyline events.

Sometimes one thing you do does not get forgotten and is even mentioned later in the game.

There is also a reasonably wide range of things you can do with a dragon age character.

I don't yet own DA2 so I cannot comment about that too much-from what I've heard its a good game but not a great game which led to it being a let down after DA:O received so much praise.

I don't own WOW so I'm not going to comment.

Getting back to DA:O I figure I have about a dozen characters because I start and then don't get far with them. But you can try reacting to events differently, develop fighting or magical skills differently so that is where the temptation to keep making characters comes from.

Some of the origin stories are a bit fun too-running through the Arl of Denerium's keep as a wronged city elf hacking away can be fun. 2 handed weapons can be impressive. And magic can be tactical.

There are times a bug annoys me or I'd like something I do to be mentioned or mentioned more later-but it is still fun.

PS A dwarf with a 2-handed sword looks weird when running-but can still be fun to play.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.