1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dead familiar and permanent con decrease?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Eyebreaker7, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My familiar got whacked and my Con went down 1 point as expected. The problem I have is that the new score is permanently red? Is there any way to fix that? Besides re-loading to an earlier save that was hours ago. Lol.
    Yes I know save more often. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets absorbed into the game and forgets to save for a while :)
    I tried re-summoning the familiar and it summoned no problem. But it didn't do anything to my red stat so I'm hoping one of you can help me out?
    I'm not asking to change the stat back to what it was. I can do that in SK. I just want the red to go away?

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's a penalty. Hence it being red.
    Dunno if it can be fixed.
    Been to long since the last time I lost my familiar.
    But me thinks that it will remain such until you manage to increase the said stat.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've never lost my familiar, but I'd guess the red is permanent just like the stat decrease. If you want to get rid of the redness, you'll probably have to dive into your savegame with NearInfiinity.

4. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Check in Shadow Keeper. There ought to be an active effect in the character file somewhere, so you need to find it and disable it, then to role-play well :p , manually adjust the constitution back.

5. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

You could check the auto-save. A new save is usually created when you enter a new area.

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not all effects show in SK. For instance, having the alignment shift happen in the Hell trials is an effect that doesn't show up in SK. When I had a Monk that wasn't able to use some monk weapons because of becoming neutral evil (monks are normally only allowed to be of lawful alignments), I couldn't find anything in SK, but instead had to dive into the savegame with NearInfinity to find the effect and neutralize it by letting it go off on a timer.

7. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Fair enough, henk! Although if the effect can be found using SK, it's a darn sight easier to do so rather than using a more bare-bones piece of IE-editing software.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.