1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DK messes up my spells

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Enquillion, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Enquillion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Not a very active board is it, my previous months-old thread is almost on top :p

Anyway I am trying to edit my sorcerer's spell list in DK to undo some regrettable choices. However I keep running into a bug, and after some testing it seems the bug happens even if I don't change anything at all; merely saving the unaltered save in DK causes it.

After loading the save, some of my quickbar spells have too many "memorizations". For example I can cast Fireball 11 times, but Ice Lance 8. However if I try to cast them through the actual magic button, they have 7 memos each. And this isn't just a display bug, I can actually cast 11 Fireballs even though I'm out of level 3 spells after 7 casts.

Depleting the spells and resting does not help. Redoing the quickbar buttons does help, but if I save and later load the save, the problem has returned.

Info that might help: Drow sorceress, level 12 (actual). Using tweaks and EOU.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In my experience, DK is good for some things but one thing you should NEVER let DK anywhere near is spells. Been there, done that and it's always been a disaster that's forced me to go back to a prior save.

3. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

You may be able to use Near Infinity to clear up the mess...

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Eh, make a new identical character to the screwed-up one and use DK to give that character the experience the other one has - swap them and level up (and assign spells), to your satisfaction. Easier than messing around further .

5. Enquillion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Oh there's no mess, I just stopped playing until I could figure this out. I have a working save, just with my poorly chosen spells :p

@Beren like I said, the spells get messed up even if I don't change anything at all. Load the save in DK, save it again, load that ingame, and they're messed :p

@Ishad @dmc both good suggestions, I'll try, thanks =)

To keep me from having to redo the spells again though, I was wondering what you would use against golems as a solo sorcerer. I have MMM and I'm considering the level 5 lightning cousin. Will they work or should I get Tenser's Transformation or maybe a summon?

6. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    NearInfinity *might* have the ability to edit safely where SK can't, BUT it's a lot less intuitive to use. ID2 spells are handled differently from other Infinity engine games, because they are 3rd edition. Planescape Torment,ID1 and all the Baldur's Gate series are safely editable.
    It reminds me of a wizard ring added to a mod merchant, which attempted to add extra spell slots like in 2nd edition games. If you buy it and equip it, the number of available spells for that spell level will be permanently broken. At first it looks like: "Hey, I can cast Magic Missile 127 times. Neato." but then it becomes: "Crap, -500 castings op MM means zero."
    The only way to gain extra spell slots in this game, is by equipping items that improve your casting stat (INT/WIS/CHA). In ID2, it not only adds more slots than a stat boost does in 2E, it also makes the spells a lot stronger than it did in BG2, for example. Spells are more properly tied to casting stats for strength and duration, whereas in BG2 the caster level was the main factor. I feel it makes spellcasting in ID2 more fun ands interesting than in 2nd edition games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.