1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do we really want a BG3?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Ofelix, May 29, 2003.

1. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Perhaps instead of making the story follow your old BG2 character, they could make a completely different plot and story, it's just influenced enough from the BG story to make it another man/womens tale of what occured at the time after the Time of Troubles, just non-godly and just more a reactive story with the whole God spawn issue.....or whatever happens to become of BG3, all I know is I want to play some sweet PC RPG with the same flavour as the old game

2. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If it does not use Infinity Engine: NO NO NO NO!

And it must take place inside or around Baldur's Gate. Not in the darn Amn or Tethyr.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

There should be a BG3, but I just want to carry on wandering around killing stuff as Charname even if I am level 40. Better than starting as a level 1 mage with 3 hp. PLusm I want to carry on the romances......

4. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

ToB ended the Bhaalspawn saga for good. I don't want sequel (especially if characters would be god-level) - but new games are always welcome. If BG3 comes, it's name should be "Baldur's gate something" only if it's events take place in BG.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

You could play as an avatar, or a cleric of charname, or charname if you didn't ascend. I was only level 25 at the end.

6. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't know if a BG3 would work mainly because starting a game at level 30 would pretty much wreck any kind of roleplaying aspect and be a pure powergaming experience.

That said, the best two games I've ever played are BG1 & 2 (though not necessarily in that order) and so if a BG3 came out I'd buy it. No matter what the storyline was, no matter how much bad press it got, no matter how awful it might turn out to be.

Part of me's tempted to say "let it lie" but another part of me is wondering "can they really make another game as good as Shadows of Amn?" If the latter, then go for it.

7. Jazza Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] im not sure if any one has played prince of persia 2 warrior within, its a great game like the forgotten realm games except you can block attacks when you want.

prince of persia isnt a dice game like forgotten realms your attack is determined by a dice. if the games were more like prince of persia it would give you more control inside the game and also freedom

prince of persia :thumb:

:D i got both bg1 and 2 exp set the only problem is i lost the discs =( great game but they should cut down on their disks because if one gets damaged you cant go get another one you have to buy they whole game again =/

the forgotton realm games need to give the player more freedom

bg3 bring it on ill buy it!

sorry if people get offended its just an opinion and not an attack

8. fatherted Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sure, making a continuation is stupid, but isn't it suppose to be a prelude to BG1?

Even if it is a prelude though, it would be better if it was more loyal to D&D and existed at some point in time.

Oh and to Mr. Prince of Persia...I think you're looking for a different game/topic/forum/site.

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, if it comes out ever, i might be temped to try it.
    If it really takes place before BG1, it seems to be possible, that you would play as A) a priest of Bhaal, who dies in the end, B) A friend of Gorion, who helps him to destroy the temple of Bhaal...
    Also, perhaps you play as Gorion, that would be of some value...
    But probably it's just a hack'n slash, where you:" Kill, Kill, Kill, speak, Kill, Loot, Loot, watch sequence, kill, kill" etc...

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well it is now official that it will be a prequel. Nothing much is official yet. I just hope it will turn to be a good game. I think Bioware is NOT developing it, and that is sad.

11. Arianyr Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

if it's bioware, i'll buy it. if it's someone else ill send em a mail with my wishlist and tell them that if they do that, ill buy it.

another thing, the thing about baldur's gate is that it's more roleplaying, unlike the icewind dale which is all fighting and hacking and stuff...basicly, i want a baldur's gate.

oh, something id like to see in baldur's gate 3 is that , if every cleric npc follows a different god, that they ave access to different spells...seems logical, no?

anyway, i want them to take the player's handbook and follow it as closely as possible

12. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

First of all, it will NEVER be the same without our beloved infinity engine.

I predict a product with great graphics, that advertises its great graphics, that requires a $3000 computer to run its great graphics properly, and that sucks in the story/roleplaying department

13. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

....neverwinter nights?

personally, i think that'll be fine; they wont make it like neverwinter nights...i mean, people have been shouting it on every gaming forum imaginable, so unless the team consists of underdeveloped idiots, they'll listen...now if i could find out wether or not it's bioware developing it...if it is, i can sleep sound :)

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If Bioware is developing it I would probably buy it. If not I would wait for player reaction.

15. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Arianyr

The problem with what you say is that I don't think developers really DO look at gaming forums all that much. I mean what is more important to a developer (keeping in mind they are a private, profit-driven company): pleasing the overwhelming market-share with cool graphics and "hack n' slash" style playing... or pleasing the much smaller group of hardcore BG fans? With all the new consoles coming out soon, PC developers will need every gimic they can get to make a buck... which is why I fear that BGIII is destined to be a highly graphical hackfest with a poorly thought out story tying it all together.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Interesting Nataben1314, however Hotu listened to the community as Bioware has stated that they did listen to the community to see what they wanted the most. And as someone already said, the compagny developing BG3 is aware that they *must* do something really awsome if they want to please the fans. Baldur's Gate is a enormous game.

17. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

@nataben: bioware isnt 'just a developer'...they'll listen, that i am sure of, but what worries me is that it's just impossible to listen to 'all' ideas since they are spread over tons of different websites.
    can anyone tell me for sure wether or not bioware is developing it?

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I am almost sure Bioware isn't developing it. As far as I know it's Atari (the publisher) who has the right to bg and decide the developer. And Arianyr's right, there is just too much ideasl. Plus some of those idea are just not makeable, plus some enter in conflict with each other

like:
    -I want 2E with 2d by someone
    -I want 3E with 3d by someone else
    -I want a thousand ending by some imature freak
    -I want to play a [insert overpowered race here] with the Killing-everything-Mighty prestige class by a 14 years old fan boy

You see my point? :)

Anyway So far we can only speculate, and even though we've have sereval disapointement from the CRPG scene lately Nwn, ToEE etc. Let's give them the time, and we'll see if this game is true to it's ancerstor... Well, I guess I was wrong, we want a bg3 :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.