1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you take Morrigan up on her offer?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Beren, Sep 21, 2011.

1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's not really a good or evil question. It's a game, you save beforehand, choose one, see how it pans out, then choose the other. Or at least that's what I'd have done if I'd cared enough. As it stands I took her up on her offer, then ground through the last part and didn't care enough at the end to try the other way. The textboxes with different endings didn't really motivate to play more either. Seriously, Fallout 1 did that better.

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Problem with that is that a good job with DA3 will include and indicate results from decisions made from DA1 & DA2.

So it is harder to save and then see the full results.

I should add 1 spoiler here because it modifies what I said before.

One of the Witch Hunt choices lets you join her in supposedly raising the baby in isolation. That improves her motives and the chance she is being honest with you (finally) as she won't be able to hide it from you as the years pass.

That said I usually sleep with her but do *not* do the ritual. So what does that mean the baby will be like? A new version of the architect rather than one of the old gods in the game's storyline?

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Morrigan's evil demon child is going to become canon in Inquisition.

4. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Maybe and maybe not. I expect it to be one of the more common events but there was an option not to do the ritual and I usually took it-even if I had a romance with Morrigan.

Witch Hunt's ending doesn't seem to depend on their being a ritual either. An interesting side point here is that if you or one of the other Wardens sacrificed your (or his) self at the end of DA:O then the baby shouldn't be that of one of the game's storyline's old gods. It probably will be at least a mage-considering the mother-but not the same.

If there is a choice of pick your preset storyline in DA3 like there was with DA2 then I expect there to be both a Warden sacrifices him/herself option and a does ritual option. (Maybe not a romanced Morrigan but no ritual option-though the game should still account for possibility with saved old games.)

I also figure there is way to register your choices from an old game (like you could do with DA2 and its impact on Alistair).

I don't expect doing the ritual to be "canon" as I don't expect there to be a "canon" with a new DA game.

If Morrigan found a way to do the ritual without your Warden's knowledge then your Warden (or the other one) should arguably be alive and there be some explanation on how Morrigan pulled it off.

EDIT:

One of the things I did like about DA2 was that it registered a list of decisions made in DA:O even if the impact didn't appear to be large on the game itself. I expect something similar in DA3.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.