1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does anyone like this game?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Greenlion420, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] You get the feeling that it is cool?
    where have you been the last year? :p

2. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You should read a few topics about the game, and than overthink your opinion ;)

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

BG2 is the same, and what

4. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] @ArrynMorgerim: I don't know if i can agree about that, but really man don't compare BG2 to POR. I don't think i have to tell anyone why do i? :D

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Ameorn - If you really hate your game I can buy or hopefully get it as a gift from you. Were in Sweden do you live?

6. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] This is sad indeed.

I started this thread in hopes that maybe someone other than myself, had found some enjoyment in the game. instead i find myself almost bashing it along with the rest of us.

Now this is the only active topic in the POR section.

How long before the forum for POR is removed?

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's funny . . . out of some sick sentimentality I find myself returning to this forum from time to time and seeing one active thread around. I was tempted to start a new one entitled "Is there anything worth talking about in this forum other than that the game sucks?" but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Let it die a natural death, folks, let it die.

8. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

First, this game was terribly sloooowwwww. And I think that was the major contributor for its demise.
    Second, I am soooo happy that it wasn't Win 2000 compatible, so I won't reinstall it to try, once again, to finish it.
    Finally, this forum should be killed so myself and others will not be reminded of this rancid game.

9. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I like this forum, it's not so hasty like the other ones. Here's a post for a few days :)

10. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I like the NES version the four characters are cool and the game is hard.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I heard it existed a verision for SNES, too. Is this true?

12. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31

there was a SNES game called "Eye of the Beholder" you had four chars and yes it was hard. it used a first-person point of view but it was fun for what it was.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I like the game.
    *listens carefully and hears echoes*
    like the game
    the game
    game
    ame
    me
    e

I feel very alone

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] So you had to reply with the same comment to 3 posts, resurrecting a bunch of year old ones, and responding with a stupid comment to another? Bad idea.

15. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Help! I think I'm doing something wrong! I bought the game, thinking I'd get a piece of crap that formatted my hard drive instead of running. Instead I got a great game which is nothing like the people here claimed it is!

16. Alcyone Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm playing the game right now and I'm just not sure this is my third time trying to play it. I certainly don't want games to be easy but this is tediouis.

17. Blakstarr Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I enjoy the game myself. If u don't like it, then don't post, and let people that do like it post to help the others that do like it. Everyone has their own opinion, and that's good, but that doesn't mean bash the people that do like it

18. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31

Since this thread is alive again, I'll tell my opinion about it:

I thought it would be good, found it in a store, bought it, tried it, played for 10 min, uninstalled it, sold it.
    The only good thing about this game is not everyone knows it's BAD and thus I could sell it.

19. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Damn. Why can't you leave this piece of crap die... Please. Black Isle is dead and we had a better time accepting it.

This game is plain bad, no other way around it.

In fact it's so bad as to compare to Descent to Undermountain. A game so bad not even Tal thought it was worth it.

Tal:

Why don't you do all of us a favor and please kill this abomination, kill this forum, kill the gamespace and save some hard drive for some future (like D&D online, RTS).

@Abomination: Sorry man, no offense intended and I must ask for your forgiveness to relate you to this truly horrid abomination. Unlike the one we all like... You. :D

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Black Isle didn't make it, so what have they got to do with it?

And SP doesn't cover Descent to Undermountain because it was made before BG1, and our coverage starts there.

As for why this forum is still open - it's here in case someone who is playing the game still wants to ask a valid question. It's not here for people to spit on the game and complain about its and the forums' existence. I thought that was obvious enough by now. We have plenty of space for the future, so this forum isn't taking up any of our resources. The only annoyance in it really are the people who post off-topic replies here, or complain about its existence... Hint enough?

[ August 12, 2004, 11:05: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.