1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Doh! Ammon Jerro... **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blackthorne TA, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Doh. After reforging the Sword of Gith, I was finally forced to take Ammon Jerro in my party.

I never felt the need to take him before, (I used Zhjaeve to read the True Name scroll) so I was unpleasantly surprised to find out he had all the equipment Shandra had on her when she died as well as another shard.

I guess it doesn't really matter since I assume the Sword is the same regardless of how many shards you had, but sheesh I thought all Shandra's gear was lost too... Bah! :)

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    LOL! I'm kind of glad to learn this...I was thinking about going back to the valley and taking all Shandra's gear after I found out what happened to her....Now I won't have to. :banana:

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    More funny Ammon Jerro spoilers:

So, he takes off when the Keep is about to be besieged, and you have the option to go look for him or just wait for him to come back.

If you wait, he just appears and says he had to take care of something personal. So, he went out there alone and came back A-OK. Alone.

If you go look for him, you find him at Shandra's farm. Whereby Koraboros (one of the devils he had imprisoned in his haven) shows up with a couple of Horned Devils in tow and proceeds to kick the crap out of all of you together.

I mean this battle was one of the hardest of the game so far IMO. Those devils keep summoning more lower planes help all the time, plus they have some kind of aura around them that lowers melee effectiveness, so it takes a long time to kill them in melee. It was disastrous when I just possessed my Ranger and tried to melee Koraboros with him and left the rest to their own AI devices. It was disastrous when I possessed everyone and tried to use the diverse general purpose spell selections they had and tried to melee the Horned Devils one at a time. It was disastrous many times over with lots of different attempts.

Finally, I loaded up Elanee and Zhjaeve with all the heavy damage spells and just concentrated it all on Koraboros, and was able to come out of it without too much trouble.

So Ammon Jerro can walk into that alone and come out smelling like a rose? Ha! :lol:

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I think maye Koraboros wouldn't have summoned the massive number of demons if Ammon was alone :) .

5. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Does Ammon still find that special amulet if you let him go on his own?

6. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't remember an amulet but he does find a pretty good Warmace. If you don't go looking for him I assume you don't get it.

I hated using Ammon because he's got the AI of a fighter, so rather than blast stuff with his magic he insists on running headlong into battle and just hacks away.

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I didn't check if he had anything after he returned. I was much more interested in hacking up Koraboros :) I'd guess he got the warmace because he says he went to the farm to get something he had hidden there.

I doubt he got the amulet though, because it seems he gets the amulet when you convince him that he should regret his rashness and bad choices which led to Shandra's death.

In addition to the warmace, there are two chests buried underneath the scarecrow in the fields with good stuff in them.

Oh, and I've found that spellcasters act like idiots if you leave the "Protect Master" AI on (which is the default). I immediately turn that off for all spellcasters, and they seem to hang back and cast spells. If I don't, they all run into melee and get hacked up.

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

You might also want to hit the AI option to cast spells "heavy" instead of light or not at all.

Warlocks are half-bread fighter/casters to begin with, so it's not odd at all to see Ammon rush in. I had him and the cleric both together in all my parties. It just felt... "right" to have them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.