1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dorna no longer willing to disarm traps

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Now that my sorcerer has entered the interlude, Dorna will not disable traps. For whatever reason the game has decided to make Dorna no longer help me with locks, but I was able to fix this through her dialog options, however I cannot figure out how to make her disarm traps. I'll go right up to traps and select the hand trap command from the radial command menu, but Dorna refuses to do anything.

Anyone know how to get Dorna to return to doing her thieving duties?

2. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes. I has the same problem. See here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/6/1953.html

But I found a better answer on Bioware's forums. Seems this is a known problem. Answer I found is:

"
    That's probably a different problem, one I diagnosed a while ago. (If you search for topics in this forum with "Dorna" in the title, you'll find the history on this.)

Type the following in the chat bar. Click on Dorna after entering the second line, and don't skip the third line or your game will be infected by Yellow Fever and other nasty glitches.

##DebugMode 1
    ##dm_setvarint NW_ASSOCIATE_MASTER 18961
    ##DebugMode 0

This resets all her tactics, so you may want to discuss them with her after doing this.
    "

PS read the spelling carefully. I was spelling variant correctly, which was not correct. ;( You will have to do this again at the start of chapter two.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. setvarint probably means "set a variable of integer type", not "set variant" :)

4. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Set var (variable) int (integer). Format is dm_setvarint variable value or setvarint variable value, applied by clicking the target object.

setvarmodint (or setmodvarint, I always get that one wrong) then again sets a variable on the module. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to set a variable on the area or on objects the player cannot see.

(Except, of course, a custom script triggered with runscript, what is what I use when I absolutely have to have the ability when debugging.)

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Thanks for the dm_ command, Dorna will now disarm traps again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.