1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Origins MOD LIST

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Caradhras, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    List updated. I've added five more links to the item section. Most of them are either added directly to the inventory or to Bodahn's shop.

Most of the time all you have to do to get them in Awakening is to enable them in game and save so you'll be able to import this save into Awakening.

EDIT: another link added (item). I have a few other items left to test in game before including them. Custom armours and weapons are a lot better than all the new "faces" for followers that everyone has been releasing ever since the toolset has been available.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Amazing mod list, Cara. Kudos. :)

I've recently tried Armour of the Devout for Leliana (blue version, Pious, for other characters).

Rather nicely implemented in the Urn Quest, imo. It has a hefty Dex bonus, so might be somewhat overpowered.
    I like the way it looks though - especially if Leliana fills the agile fighter combat role in the party.

3. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks Loreseeker, I actually had that armour on my list but did not have a save in the Gauntlet so I couldn't test it right away. I will update the list. :)

4. Caradhras

Media:
    I've made a few updates to the list, including a link for another armour a retex of the Effort Plate with a Warden look and a face mod that looks like Angelina Jolie.

There is a mod that looks very promising, it's still a WIP but you may want to give it a try especially if you like playing female human Rogues: WIP - Rashantas Armory.

It looks rather sexy without being too revealing (which is a good thing).

The modder responsible for this mod is working on a medium armour next so it may be worth to keep an eye on this file. ;)

EDIT: I've added links for yet another armour set and for a fantastic UI mod, FtG UI Mod - More Readable Fonts and UI, it makes the inventory much larger and among other things it makes reading texts in game like codex entries and the rest less straining for the eyes. It's still beta but it works and the mod author is very active in the bug squashing department.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  5. Caradhras

Media:
    List updated. ;)

I've added references to the Extra Dog Slot mod and a few cosmetic mods for character creation (tattoos and scars mainly).

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    OMG. If this mod works, this may be the greatest thing I've heard of. I have been feeling really guilty that my poor pooch is trapped in camp as I never take him.

7. Caradhras

Media:
    Great Snook, I didn't make this list to waste people's time. The mods in this list work. ;)

Either I've tested them myself or I trust the person who has recommended them to have tested them (and most of the time I give them a try anyway unless I already have a mod that does the same thing). I must confess that I have a personal bias so I look for mods that I find interesting, that's why for the list to be more exhaustive I've asked fellow posters to post about mods I may have missed (you may have noticed that I quoted the person who posted about a mod so they could be asked for further information).

In fact, the Extra Dog Slot mod has been on my list for quite some time (and I still have a few mods to test or mods that still need some bug squashing before I include them).

Regarding the Extra Dog Slot, I've played for hours before putting it in the list. It works indeed. The only thing I've noticed is that you shouldn't try to level up the dog when it is in the summon slot (the regular slot is ok) because if you do so it will crash the game.

Some mods may not be compatible but all the mods in the list are working (some are trickier than others).

I wish someone made a dog mod for Awakening (given that there is no particular interaction to add I think it's only a matter of time).

I don't have much hope for a Schmooples mod though. :shake:

Feel free to post any questions about the mods in the list and enjoy your modded game. :)

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I would like to recommend Curvaceous Attire and the Dalish Glass appearance (warning nudity).

You can use the two mods together, just don't copy the MESH folder from Dalish Glass appearance to your override, since you'll be using the ones from Curvaceous Attire instead.

I'd like to recommend the Ornamental version of the Dalish glass armor, since personally I find it a little silly to run around killing Darkspawn with nipples exposed :p (there are also other version which will cover up the nipples, I just happen to prefer the ornamental ones).
    I'd also recommend going with the arms and legs version since there's no shadows or underwear underneath the skirt, so every time your archer position herself to fire you can look right up her private parts (of course he hasn't actually done private parts, but I still think it looks a little silly).

9. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks Olimikrig. I tried the Curvaceous Attire mod a while back but didn't feel like using it. Regarding the glass armour... Well, it does show quite a bit of nudity if you don't go for the Ornamental version. I like the regular Dalish look but I've updated the list with all your recommendations. ;)

I've added a link for the Artemis Entreri Package (items) and Royal Welcome at the Pearl, a really funny (if small) modification.

EDIT: Added another link. Enjoy the Slap Morrigan mod. :grin:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ooh slap Morrigan! That sounds like a must-have mod ;).

I'd like to recommend Nukenin's Stealing Fix, which fixes the stealing bug introduced in the 1.03 patch (you can't steal minor random items). I don't know if it's really big enough to make it to the list, but if you ask me it's definitely a must-have until a new patch comes along to fix it.

11. Caradhras

Media:
    Your link is not working. It can be an interesting addition to the list. My current Rogue rarely gets anything when stealing so I'd appreciate the fix (mght be a little late for him though).

I did a search: Nukenin's Dog Find Fix and Nukenin's Stealing Fix. I'll have to check if the Stealing fix is compatible with DA Mutator.

EDIT: it works with Dragon Age Mutator! Thanks Olimikrig!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  12. olimikrig

Media:
    You're welcome :). The Dazip works just fine with Mutator as well.

Caradhras likes this.
  13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Tried another armour mod, for Sten only: Armour of the Sten

Obtainable in Lothering Chantry (or via console later, apparently, but that doesn't appeal to me so I haven't tried it.)
    Takes only the chest slot in the inventory, so other items (boots, gloves, etc.) can be equipped at the same time, providing bonuses, but won't show in game (armour displays as a set, graphically)
    Decent bonus, but not too overpowered.

Looks better with Threaten talent turned off :)

Caradhras likes this.
  14. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks Lore, I've downloaded it but I haven't had a chance to try it just yet. I'll update the list right away. ;)

15. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Ok, for those who like the more 'mature' aspect of DAO (as in natural body mods to make the PC and NPC's nude, love scenes, etc.) I found a very interesting mod called More Options at the Pearl. It's quite interesting, to put it mildly, and quite humorous. The person who created it is a bit new to modules, but even so, it's pretty decent work for someone new to mod creation. If you want a fun take on a love scene, and want to finally do it in a bedroom instead of in camp, here's a good mod. I'm still laughing over the scenes I just saw (person purposely made them humorous and they did a very good job).

16. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG]
    That mod is rather graphic so it should come with a warning (the Pearl Redone may interest you if you're looking for explicit/funny scenes). There may be some humour but it's definitely very "mature" as far as content is concerned. Even if the game is rated M such mods will probably be offensive to many players.

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    The mod I'm waiting for is the one that lets you change your party whenever you want to without having to be in camp or in "specific" spots that you are allowed to.

18. Caradhras

Media:
    I'm pretty sure there is a mod somewhere that just does that but I can't find it. I'll have to keep looking (unless someone finds it first). ;)

19. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    If you play PC, you can enable the developer console and by doing so, you can type in a command that actually allows you to access the party screen whenever.

Once you do that, (and I use the grave symbol, aka the `), just type `runscript selectparty and it'll take you straight to the party selection screen. (I use way too many cheats and mods sometimes :lol:)

This website, along with this one, both have some good 'cheats' for those mods you just can't find anywhere... :angel:

20. Caradhras

Media:
    I've never used the console but there is a mod that makes the console lines visible, Make CONSOLE commands visible. I haven't used it but it has many endorsements so it looks like it should work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.