1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Origins MOD LIST

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Caradhras, Dec 12, 2009.

1. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I'll have to try that - in fact I just downloaded it and installed it so we'll see if it works for me since I have this bad habit of combining console usage with mods... makes for an uber shiny, overpowered PC, but hey... many times I like to focus on the story and not worry about how many health pots or injury kits I have in my inventory :angel:

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Caradhras , This is absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You're welcome Nakia. :)

I've updated the item section of the list with three more sword mods. Good stuff.

4. CelticDream

Media:
    Found a couple of interesting mods. One of them I've been using for a while - completely love the fact that the creator updated it and fixed a couple of things. It's a nice leather armor and bow set for female rogues (sorry, males can't use the armor - bow is usable for both genders)... a bit overpowered but hey, they look good and work well. Link is here.

This other one is an added 'quest' mod - Tower of Dreams. I've only played one of the inside quests, but the gist of it is that you're able to dive into memories of the first blight, Maric's assault on the Orlesians, and one other that I can't remember. You can get some pretty nifty items from completing the memories as well as from the merchants below.

Black Templar's Armor set is also great - looks awesome and has some nice stats, as does the Grey Warden Set which also adds swords, greatswords, and shields to coordinate with the armor. The Black Templar armor does work in Awakening but, alas, the Grey Warden set does not (found that out when my PC wound up stark nekkid in the beginning sequence - it's how I also found out that the templar's armor does work because it kept her from exposing herself for too long).

5. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks for the links Celtic Dream. The Daughters Of Mythal armor set is actually the female version of the Bow and Light Armor set for Elven Archers and I should have included it earlier but I completely forgot about it (the same modder made both armour sets).

I've added the Black Templar Armor and the Grey Warden Set to the list as well (I'm not a big fan of these armours but some fellow SPers may like them).

I have a question for you, what about the BlackTemplarFix? Have you experienced an issue with the Black Templar mod?

Now, regarding Tower of Dreams, I was waiting for it to be completed (it's still a beta version) so I'm wary about bugs and glitches and I don't feel like including it in the list before it's completed. Please let us know if you run into any issue while you're testing it. Is it a stand alone quest or is it integrated into the DAO campaign? The mod description is not very clear on that point and the comments are mixed (praises and bug reports). So any further details you could provide would be most appreciated.

6. CelticDream

Media:
    I'll have to check out the Bow & Light Armor set for Elven Archers - haven't had a chance to really look at it yet. As far as the Black Templar armor mod, haven't had any issues yet, but then again my PC isn't too far into Awakening so it just could be that I'm not at a point where there might be an issue. If I do have one, will let you know if that fix mod is needed.

As far as the Tower of Dreams is concerned, it's a standalone and not integrated into the DAO campaign. So far, no bugs, but I've only done one of the three sets of memories. One thing that it took me a while to figure out is that there is no 'exit' from the Tower of Dreams - if you're not in one of the memories, just hit the M key for the map, or click on the map icon, to leave. That, and to exit the memory I chose, it took me a small bit of time to figure out how to leave the memory... but all in all the thought process was quite good and even with some minor issues, it seems well put together.

7. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks for the information CD, the map thing looks rather imaginative although I'm pretty sure many wouldn't have figured it out on their own (I don't think I would have frankly). So, this quest is not integrated but you can play it with your main character and still go back to the main game, right?

It looks really interesting, I like the idea of using "memories" in such way (seems like a very lore friendly idea to me if we take into account Warden's Keep or the Feastday Gift for Wynne). Please let me know when you'll have completed all sets so I can update the list with this mod. :)

8. CelticDream

Media:
    Yup - you can go into the Tower of Dreams, do a memory, then go back out into the main world and do whatever. In fact, on the main page, in the description area, the creator of the mod suggests certain PC/party levels that you should be before trying certain memories, or you might find the mobs inside a bit too difficult for you and your party to defeat.

I'll probably mess around with the mod sometime later on this week. I have to work tomorrow and my uncle is coming in from out of state to spend time with us, so won't have much time to play until Thursday or after. The one I've done so far is the memory of Maric's forces going against the Orlesians. I'm curious to see what the memory will be like of the first blight, or working with the Tevinters in reclaiming an old fortress from demons. The only thing that is a tad bit bothersome, then again like you said earlier it's a bit in the beta stage still, is the fact you can't talk to Maric after the seige is done (though you can get the speech icon to pop when you mouse over him), and the quest givers don't get rid of the ! after you talk to them... minor stuff really, like I said before. I'll let you know as soon as I finish the quests in the mod.

9. Caradhras

Media:
    Well, there is no rush really. It looks like a very promising mod anyway so it may be better to give the modder some time to finish it. Thanks for the extra information, if I can spare some time I will give it a try with an old save from one of my numerous unfinished runs. ;)

EDIT: I've updated the list with links to three weapon mods, a scythe and two mauls. A two hander's dream.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  10. Caradhras

Media:
    I've added a link for the Auto Loot mod. It's really convenient and speeds up the game really well (it automatically get all the nearby loot in your inventory if you have enough free space). Since it adds a new skill, I suggest either using it in your entire game or not at all. What I mean is that force loading a save that had a custom skill may cause some issues later on so if you want to test it keep a clean save in case you don't want to use it. There is a work around to get it to work for Awakening (I haven't tested it yet but it is said to be working).

11. CelticDream

Media:
    Ok - was messing around on the DA Nexus forums and found this mod. It doesn't add anything, such as a quest, to the game - nor does it fix any issues. I'm listing it because it's just a hilarious add-on to the game, and as such (since it's meant for comedy and nothing else), the graphics are a bit rough but surprisingly it doesn't detract from its purpose. Ever want to do something to Carroll, that templar trying to keep you from the tower? Want to see Vaughan Kendall get what's coming to him in another way? Or just sick & tired of how Isolde and Anora are in their snottiness? This mod might be just up your alley. I've tried it and had some very good laughs from it.

12. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks for the recommendation! I did download it a while back but completely forgot about it...

My bad, anyway thanks to you that is now on the list! :)

13. CelticDream

Media:
    :D

Like I said, the graphics on the mod aren't the best, but that's not the point of the mod - it's just there to add some really good laughs to the game.

Side note - make sure Schmooples never gets fixed! (You'll figure it out if you play with that mod enough :lol:)

14. Caradhras

Media:
    Schmooples is my favourite NPC, he's got a great personality and we all know that personality goes a long way! :)

15. Caradhras

Media:
    I've updated the list... The only problem is that I've reached the limit as far as the length of the post is concerned. I may have to break the list into different categories and post another one focused on items (there are many items around) or edit my second post in the thread...

The mods included in the latest update are Fenod Weapon Pack, Frostmourne, Sexy Mage Robes, Dalish Elves Beautified, The Bow Called Doomshard, Armor of the Chaotic-Blue and the All in the Family presets.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  16. CelticDream

Media:
    Frostmourne... now we're bringing World of Warcraft into our DA gaming lives! :D

One of these days I'll reactivate my game sub hehe

17. Caradhras

Media:
    Well, there are many new item mods that get ported from Oblivion. I'm only picking a very few of them but this sword looks really nice (especially the two handed version when it is used by a big guy).

18. CelticDream

Media:
    I don't know where Oblivion comes into play with regards to this sword, but this mod took the design from the sword Arthas, aka the Lich King, uses in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Photo examples are shown below. In-game shot of the mod came from the DANexus screen that the uploader had posted (I just cropped it and resized it for board posting).

WoW Frostmourne (Arthas' sword):

[​IMG]

Frostmourne for DAO:

[​IMG]

19. Caradhras

Media:
    Well, you sure did take a look at the screenshots but you could have read the mod description. ;)

The mod for DAO is actually a conversion of this mod for Oblivion: Frostmourne and Lich Kings Armor (the link is in the description).

To be frank I didn't know this was even WoW related (the connection is obvious now that you point it out). It doesn't mean that the models are ripped from another game though. The Nexus has a well defined policy regarding hosting files. They won't allow files that introduce content that is ripped from other games (the models are usually remade from scratch using 3D programs like Blender and stuff -I say usually because some games allow their models to be used but that is quite rare). In fact, uploading files that do violate copyright laws will get you banned from the Nexus (I'm just pointing this out as I wouldn't post links for mods that violate copyright laws and if I included one by mistake don't hesitate to let me know so I can take the link down and let the mods at the Nexus know).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  20. CelticDream

Media:
    Ok - maybe I wasn't explaining myself well enough (happens sometimes :lol:)

Basically, wasn't aware that it came from a mod that someone had created, in the spirit of WoW, for Oblivion. The way I had understood it is you were saying that it came from Oblivion itself and I became quite confused, wondering why Oblivion and World of Warcraft were using the exact same sword in their games. Never having played Oblivion, I didn't realize you were in fact commenting on a mod that had been created for the game to look like the Lich King/Arthas' sword - which the modder created probably because he also enjoys the WoW world as well. I'm just brain fried from trying to study and come up with some suitable stories for characters of mine for RP threads. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.