1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon903 gaming experience

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

2. cathon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

One piece of advice for Dragon...
    Stoneskin.

If you have Aerie and Nalia cast stoneskin on themselves, stay in the back of the party, and not engage enemies in melee combat, they won't die much. Aerie in particular is a spell battery, and any use of her in melee is pretty much a waste. Stoneskin lasts more than a day, so I just have them cast it whenever it isn't active and it is pretty much up all the time.

Also, the various armor spells can be nice until you have bracers or good mage robes. In one of my games, Nalia uses ghost armor, and she winds up with an AC of -5! Check their durations to see if you want to cast them at the beginning of the day, or right before combat.

Generally, my theives tend to die before my mages as my mages are covered in protective spells, while my thief is just shooting his missile weapon with just his light armor and dex to protect him.

3. Glish Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heh heh, that dragon guy cracks me up every time. Its good too see younger people on the boards.

4. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] i will not be here for a week im going on vacation
    SEE YOU ALL LATER!

i be back with the Holy Avenger

5. Jander Sunstar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, have a nice vacation, hope to see you soon with your new enlightening topics :) don't keep us waiting...

(I love reading this kid's posts)

6. Yeah come back soon man..... Wish I had your positive way of looking at things :) ;)

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

We, grown-ups can still learn sop much of this.

Look what kinda small things makes a child already happy. We can realy learn from that :p

8. ayecapitan Guest

Dragon's back! Topic revived

9. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

I have been Wondering What is The Best Spell Ever in the game

10. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

death spell, its just ace, either that or the one edwin casts with the nether scroll, thats just funny...problem being, when the red wizard dispels it, edwin still has girlie voice (bug?)

11. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Fire Storm... sancuary your priest, cast and RUN!

Spell Trigger... with 3 lower resistance spells. :)

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited July 21, 2001).]

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I really love double magic missile on mages (wears of stoneskin quickly) and the combo blindness & ray of enfeeblement on fighters. Triple lightning bolt is great on dragons (excessive damage). Useful for strong enemies is pierce magic & double lower resistance.

But my favourites are: Double greater malison & polymorph (I polymorphend the shadow dragon with it. It's also nice if you choose spook instead of polymorph).

13. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

I heard Jaheira turns evil later on in the game. I Do not want Jaheira to turn evil

14. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nope, Jaheira does not turn evil. Unless maybe it's possible in ToB... in which case please don't tell us about it on this board!

She gets kind of *horny* later on, maybe that's what you heard about... *wink*

15. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I have a probelm
    when i was playing as a Fighter/Mage
    they let me become the Lord of the De Arnise Hold.But When i played as a paladin they said i could not become the leader of the Troll's De Arnise Hold
    Why is that?

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Paladins aren't consideres fighters. They get quests of their own - I think probably the best class quests in the game. Look forward to it - it's far more reqarding than doing the keep quest ;)

17. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dragon, sounds like you're having a ball...well done.

As an aside (I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again), Aerie is hardly the goody two-shoes everyone makes her out to be. She is a kickass spellcaster, she's hot, and she's willing to lose her virginity just about anywhere...sewers, dungeons, you name it...in front of strangers and near a pile of smoldering troll corpses. I can't bring myself to play an evil party because I just can't stand the thought of leaving her at that horrible circus.

18. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

You could bring her with you even if you're evil. If your charisma is high, she won't leave the party, just complain a lot. And if you've kept her around in all your good parties, you're probably used to that by now. *wink*

I'm not anti-Aerie, exactly. She has many good qualities. But she is very whiny. She gets tired very easily and has a REALLY ANNOYING constant whine about it. She is also scared of the dark and whines about that. And goes on and ON about her wings. I can have some sympathy for her harsh past, but she has about five conversations about how awful it is to not be able to fly and she just wants to lay down and die, until my patience is just used up!

As for the immaturity, I think she's immature because she A) makes you promise not to be Jaheira's friend anymore before she'll go out with you, which reminds me of middle school, and B) asks you to sleep with her, and if you do she gets upset and dumps you, and if you don't she is all happy and says "You must really love me to say no!", which reminds me of high school. (-:

And she's clueless/naive because she can't get it through her silly little head that we're UNDERCOVER in the Underdark, and keeps wandering around exclaiming "We can't do that! It would be evil! Player Character, Phaere is evil!" right in FRONT of her. I thought she was going to give us all away for sure. (-:

19. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

She SAID that? I am SOOOO glad that I didn't bring her w/me to the Underdark. =)

20. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

She drove me nuts in the Underdark. She also kept complaining how much she hated being underground while in disguise, and she got so upset at the slave dealer's that he got suspicious and almost wouldn't sell us the slaves (even though we were buying the slaves to free them, Aerie didn't seem to comprehend that), and when some duergar were calling us "master" she said "Oh, you don't need to be afraid of us!" I was just about ready to throw her to the spiders myself. Luckily, the duergar didn't tell on us and though Phaere got very suspicious of Aerie, she didn't actually attack us...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.