1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon903 gaming experience

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Wow! Your Aerie experience is completely different from mine. She didn't say a word to me in the Underdark.

Out of curiosity, are you having a romance with her? That might be triggering some of the moronic dialogue. I downloaded the romance patch in chapter 6 (there were no romances prior to that since my main character is female) and Aerie became annoying almost immediately. But she certainly hasn't been spouting off about morality. That must be really exasperating!

2. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] You guys im in trouble in Baulders Gate 2 shadows of Amm.I just joined the Knights Of the Order.I completed the first task to kill the two ettin giants.the 3rd task was when i was to protect this girl and the bandit killed her
    is their any way to stop him from killing the girl

3. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sprite, yeah, I was having a romance with her at the time. I don't THINK that had anything to do with it, since none of it was romantic in nature--but I guess anything's possible!

Oddly enough, I think Aerie was more talkative down there than Viconia. Viconia had maybe three things to say and didn't even comment on it when we found her imprisoned kinfolk. Aerie was gabbing away to everyone...

4. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

dragon903:
    Firstly - make sure you defend your charge against anyone that attacks. You might want to use Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on her, if you've got it and think the attacks are too powerful.
    Secondly - if you're in doubt, use your Paladin's Detect Evil.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Dragon903:
    The best way is to make it impossible for the assassins to reach the girl: Kill them downstairs if at all possible. So be *ready* to use missile weapons and, if you find the time, even use traps.
    It is pretty hairy to fight upstairs for it is possible that the bitch will turn hostile even when unharmed (*that* bug drove me :mad: ). Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 24, 2001).]

6. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Yeah! Dragon; back again?

From the assasins, who will attack the girl only one(by the door) makes his way upstairs to kill her. Later when that guy from Baldur's Gate arrives, make sure to cast detect evil spell(paladin special ability). When you see the armored guy glowing up with a red light for a second, then he is evil and must be destroyed. When not, then he is the man the girl must be delivered to.
    Beware! If you don't detect the evil, the quest is failed and you don't get the cool armor( pride of the legion; full plate +2) and the large shield +2 ; plus you are banned from the order once and for all!

SO...detect evil always! ;)

7. TheBully Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My tactic with the Uberhulks was to send out a character with high magic resistance forward to lure a hulk into the first room while having another character there ready to close the door. This way I could fight each one individually.

I find shutting doors a good tactic to breakup a hostile group.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You don't need magic resistance - good saving throws (perhaps due to the use of potion of heroisn iirc) and various helms, shields and weapons that give charm protection work just as well to protect you from umberhulks and are a more direct way to deal with it.

9. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Hey i wanna know how polymorth other works
    Firkragg:Attacks Dragon903
    Dragon903:Casts Polymorth Other
    Firkragg :(turns into Taluntain)
    (Dont Worry Taluntain im not insulting or being mean to you)

10. Thorr Gems: 5/31

But you think that a level 40 conjurer is easier to defeat than a red dragon? :D :D :D

11. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] The polimorph other spell turns the target into a squirrel. You wanna' try it out with Firkraag? Take your time, it won't be easy.

I write it down how it will turn out to be:

Dragon903: casts polimorph other: Firkraag
    Firkraag: magic resistance
    Dragon903: casts polimorph other: Firkraag
    Firkraag: save vs polimorph
    Firkraag: breath Dragon903
    Dragon903: takes(59) damage
    Dragon903: save vs breath weapon
    Dragon903: one of the spells have failed
    Firkraag: attacks Dragon903
    Dragon903: takes(35) damage
    Dragon903: takes(27) damage
    Dragon903: death(for good)

Ahh...Good luck to you! :D :D

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited July 25, 2001).]

12. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Firkraag:Uses Fire Breath
    Dragon903:polymorth self
    Dragon903 :(Turns into a dragon)
    Firkraag :(Uses Fire Breath)
    Dragon903:Magic Resistance
    Firkragg:Breath Dragon903
    Dragon903:save Vs Breath
    Dragon903:Flys and Rams firkraag
    Firkraag:takes(150)damage(Death)

It would be awesome if you could polymorth yourself into a giant dragon

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] That would be awesome. Back when I was in junior high (and didn't know too much about the rules) I had an AD&D campaign with a friend who played a mage. My friend kept turning himself into a Tyrannosaurus Rex and kicking total bootie!

After 6 months of this, the DM finally read the rules and said, "Hey, you can't do that!"

My friend replied, "I know, but I also knew that you didn't know!" :D :D :p

14. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I wanna fight a new dragon instead of Firkraag
    and the shadow dragon
    which chapter do i face the new one at

15. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31

You can do it in chapter 7, dragon.
    But I must dissapoint you; the black dragon is more softer than good ol' Firkraag! ;)

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited July 26, 2001).]

16. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't know about that! true, he isn't as strong, but you can't surround him and all those things you can do to get an advantage against firkraag, plus, he throws this annoying entangle spell, and if your party gets caught up in that (yes it happened), you're pretty much donedidelydone for.

17. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] That's why you donediddelydone cast Free Action on your fighters.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.