1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drow Catacombs (Second Cellar)

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Sopor Aeternus, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Sopor Aeternus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Seems like I'm the only one playing this game, no-one else is posting. So I must thank anyone who will respond to my thread, thanks :)

Well, several encounters in the second cellar are too much to handle for my party ( since it's my first try of the game I made wrong decisions in forming my party )

My partys contains out :

Elijah Elf Paladin Level 8
    Gunnarsson Human Fighter Level 11
    Nathalia Human Fighter Level 11
    Corron D'Arcy Human Fighter Level 11
    Jarial Human Sorcerer Level 9
    Emmeric Human Fighter Level 12

Now I have several locations where i can't get through ( too tough to fight the opponents, without sacrificing a partymember ) and I can't go any further because I need keys from these locations )

I can't sacrifice any partymember anymore because I don't know where I can ressurect them to life again ( some doesn't provide healing anymore )

So, where can I find them ?
    And, what can I do to make the fight easier ???

Third question ...
    I'm at a location near the Shrine Of the Silver Fire, where I have to fight at least a dozen of very strong Orog Maurads ( Brutes, Bosses and Big Bosses )...No way I can pass them now ...

Please help

[ October 07, 2004, 19:48: Message edited by: Sopor Aeternus ]

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Honestly, I personally would advise you to start over. I don't know why you've chosen to go through the game without a Cleric; I find them essential to the game, myself. Aside from their ability to instantly kill or stun undead through turning (making half the enemies in the game less threatening right there), which alone makes taking a Cleric worth it, they can hold their own in melee, and have excellent spells to cast while still able to wear any armor. In many ways, they're more valuable than sorcerers. Now that you know the game better starting over and getting back to where you are now won't take quite as long as you think.

But if you insist on pressing forward, I would advise you to use Jarial as much as you can in casting spells that effect entire groups of monsters. Web works great on the Orogs, as does Mass Suggestion, and even Dominate. Having one or two Orogs on your side in a tough battle can really help turn the tide.

Another great tactic you may be overlooking is to use doors and passageways to your advantage. If you get your entire party into a room, and crowd your strongest fighters around the doorway, your enemies will have no choice but to come at your one at a time, giving you the advantage.

My advice - you really need a cleric. If you don't want to start over, ditch Elijah and take in the Fighter/Cleric chick who hangs out with Beriand in the tree (can't ever remember her name). Maybe try starting over? The best success I've ever had was when I started the game with a Paladin, Cleric, Monk, and Thief/Ranger, and later picking up Jarial for my sorcerer and Emmeric for my second fighter (later picking up the Fighter/Cleric chick because she's better). If you don't like monks then take a Fighter. But the current party you have is making the game much harder than it needs to be IMO.

[ October 11, 2004, 21:01: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.