1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ECL

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Goon66, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Aasimar/tieflings etc have a 1 or more level penalty which means they level up slower and need more experience to get to the same level as other characters. Does this mean their max level is 29 and they cant reach the 30th level or can they and it would just take them longer?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

They can still reach level 30. It just means they need more XP to get there.

I like ECL characters because I think their racial benefits outweigh the slightly slower level-ups. Plus their low character level helps keep the team level down so you get more XP from fights.

3. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

Kewl. That makes them way stronger than the other races.

BTW are you sure about this.

[ March 28, 2004, 09:58: Message edited by: Goon66 ]

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

100% sure. I have played ECL characters through to 30th level in Icewind Dale II.

5. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

Thankyou.

BTW which in your opiniion is better a drow wizard or a tiefling wizard? Just your opinion not that they are both equal or anything jus a one or the other answer if at all possible.

6. Harbourboy

I would say the Drow Wizard because of:

a) Spell Resistance
    b) Male Drow has Wizard as favoured class so you can throw in a multi-class without penalty.
    c) Immunity to Sleep and Charm

7. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

Yeah but the con penalty is very debilitating its why i neva choose elven races they have a penalty to the all round most useful ability no matter what your class is. But i asked opinion and got it. So whats the daytime penalty like is it very bad?? Because even the added level penalty is no bother as i level up much faster than i can find scrolls for the extra spell levels.

8. Harbourboy

But CON is not something a wizard would ever max out so it's not that much of a burden. And your point about levelling up beyond the available spells is very valid.

I have never noticed the day blindness to be a big deal as 3/4 of the game is at night or underground anyway.

9. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

I actually normally max out CON for all characters especially wizards as in IWD/NWN it helps with Concentration and it really the only way to let them survive getting accidently caught in their own spells or be the target of enemy mages but i guess 16 ain't so bad and they get overall 2 more points than tieflings as they gain 6 lose 2 and tieflings gain 4 lose 2.

10. Harbourboy

If you have Spell Resistance (like the Drow) then getting caught in your own (or other's spells) is much less of an issue.

11. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

Can Dale keeper do these changes if i change the race of my character to drow or will i manually have to do this or kill my old mage and then creat a new drow one??

12. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Write down your experience, create a new wizard, give him back the experience and level up. Don't forget about the items your old wizard had!

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    If you are mirror-imaged, your own spells won't harm you more than the enemy's. Heheh, I remember casting fireballs on my mirror-imaged character.

14. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31

You do lose 1 more mirror image than is necessary, which is a problem when you are mobbed, or you suddently need to cast a high damage spell like Horrid Wilting after you just blasted your own mirror image.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.