1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Empty potion bottle

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rage, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Rage Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What is empty potion bottle for, it can be found in bridge district on guys that have celestial fire, is there any quest asocciated with them?

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's just an empty bottle. Nothing else.

Maybe it was one of those many things that got cut out of the original game but it hasn't shown up with Unfinished Business so I'm guessing not.

3. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Always wondered about those bottles, thanks for telling me i was wondering about absolutely nothing, makes me know that i did well in devoting time to talking to everybody i saw trying to get something out of em!

4. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

This is kinda off kinda on subject, but what about the broken weapon in Irenicus's dungeon? Is that in UB?

5. Jester Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The broken weapon also serves no purpose, just a BG1 item. During BG1 you were in the midst of an iron crisis, so all of your non magical iron weapons would often break due to the tainted ore.

6. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think that shows up if you let the thief use up all her invisibility potions. I have no support for this but that's what I always thought.

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I suppose you could always test it by CTRL Y the thief and see if the full bottle is on her corpse.

8. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's found on the corpses of the two monster fighters (don't remember the name). There was a thread about this a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and someone stated that it was probably set there as an extra reminder that it was a hard fight to defeat them all. Personally I think it's a leftover from the very first fase of the game where they may have wanted for all potions to leave behind a empty bottle when drunk. But seeing as this would be very annoying, they left it out. Just my opinion, however...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.