1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Experience Cap Remover Help

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Bowtieman67, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Bowtieman67 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to the site. I have been playing Baldur's Gate since it came out. Here is my situation. I have the original game loaded with no mods and Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion. I want to know if there is a way to uncap the experience point limitation and be able to export that character into BG2? I haven't installed BG2 yet. Should I start from scratch and install the trilogy? Will I be able to save this party? Thanks

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Upon importing a character into Shadows of Amn, your XP will be reset to the cap for TOTSC. I don't recall if levels are lost or not, although I think they might be when you get the chance to pick a kit and the new expanded proficiencies.

I'm going to have to experiment and write back, but I believe you might be able to keep your XP & levels if you start the game in Throne of Bhaal, import the character, save/export the character, then quit and start up in Shadows of Amn and import it.
    Just think of Throne of Bhaal as a converter app.

I'm not 100% sure if that will work, but I'm going to have to try it. I'm going to have to find the old CDs since the DVD aspect of my CD-RW/DVD-ROM seems to be dead and I converted the CDs into a DVD. I'll get back to you once I can run the game. Worst case scenario I'll go dig up the original discs and make new copies (I always try to play on backups to the point of seeking out cracks for copy protection).

---------- Added 1 hours, 31 minutes and 42 seconds later... ----------

Correction!
    An imported BG1 character seems to be treated mostly like a new BG2 character. If imported using SoA, two things can happen. One: If you have between 89,000 (BG1 w/o TOTSC) and 161,000 (BG1 w/TOTSC) XP, you start with whatever you have. If you have more, you get reset to 161,000 XP. If you have less, you get bumped up to 89,000. Your level gets adjusted accordingly at the import screen as you get to pick proficiencies and spells all over again.

If imported into ToB, you get your XP boosted to that of a newly created ToB character (2,500,000), and you get to keep your items from BG1. You still get your spells and proficiencies reset.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.