1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Factions - which ones are friendly to which alignments?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by trog69, Apr 4, 2010.

1. trog69 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there a listing somewhere that indicates what factions are favorable to whatever alignment you are going for, or ones that wouldn't be a good thing to join for Lawful/neutral, or Chaotic/Good, for example?

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I dont think a faction in general can be good or bad, each has members which can be considered to be of verious alignments

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] SP has a guide to factions here but there are no alignment centric factions really,

Harmonium can probably be considered mildly lawful and mildly good as an overarching umbrella for all members, Chaosmen are pretty much CN with some good and some bad, Mercykillers are generally LN but aside from that there is no alignment requirement or influence in each individual dogma, the factions - as a rule of thumb - are the embodiment of ideals outside of those encapsuled in good/evil and law/chaos

4. trog69 Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the replies

I guess that's why I haven't found any links to factions/alignments.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If you were thinking of alignment requirements to join a particular faction, the only one that matters is the Xaositects. You need to be fairly Chaotic to join them, and naturally joining them will significantly shift your alignment even more towards Chaotic. Joining the Anarchists will likewise give you a handful of chaotic and/or evil points (I don't remember for sure) but unlike the Xaositects even a Lawful Good character can join them. All other factions in the game are completely disconnected from alignment: you can join them regardless of alignment and they won't affect your alignment upon joining.

6. trog69 Gems: 1/31

Thanks, Ziad

That's exactly what I needed to know, and I was right to assume that both factions you mentioned would alter the obvious alignments they correspond to.

One of these days, I'll quit the Lawful/good route and really, really stick to my guns, and not care what my fellow travelers think as I go the chaotic/evil way.

I'm such a weenie.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.