1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallen Legion+ - Review @ Gamespace

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jan 19, 2018.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Gamespace has reviewed Fallen Legion:

[​IMG]

Our Fallen Legion Review - A Slick Indie Action RPG

Every once in a while I like to dive into games that are outside my typical genres of choice. It forces me to learn new mechanics, try out new ideas and concepts and more often not introduces me to a wonderful new genre that I would have otherwise never tried. So when Fallen Legion came across my desk last week it was the perfect opportunity to expand my gaming horizons once again. After a week of running my way through YummyYummyTummy's(YYT) action RPG title, I'm left with an interesting mix of thoughts in regards to Fallen Legion. So grab that coffee kick back and check out our Fallen Legion review.

Fallen Legion includes both Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire as well as Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion with each campaign offering an opposing perspective on the political upheaval that is taking place in the fantasy world of Fenumia. On one side of the conflict, you can choose to play as Princess Cecille, the young princess on a journey of ascending to the throne. This story follows her journey to power in an attempt to bring peace to her empire.

[...]

Fallen Legion is a game that has worked hard to develop a unique story and interesting take on storytelling. I commend YYT for presenting a complex story that forces the player into the grey areas of storytelling by creating heroes on both sides of the story arc and allowing us the opportunity to see the world from different perspective. This, unfortunately, does get overshadowed at times by the awkward delivery of the story and sometimes offbeat pacing of both combat and storytelling. If you are someone who loves deep storytelling, wonderful world development and fresh perspectives in writing Fallen Legion is something that will most likely perk your interest. If, on the other hand, smooth gaming mechanics trump story for you then you will most likely become frustrated with some of the odd mechanical issues that legion has. At the end of the day, I did appreciate my time in Fallen Legion but being one that falls in the latter category found my frustrations getting the better of me.

Final Score: 7.3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.