1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fave NPC?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, May 9, 2001.

1. herf Guest

whats yer favourite npc?
    mine HAS to be fall from grace, lets face it, shes a babe with wings!
    she has a whole load of conversations about her, and all the way through the game there are subtle hints and clues to show that she is still evil!
    and she can cast lightning!

2. Myrthos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Mine is Annah, especially the Leprechaun version. I guess it speaks for itself why that is :)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Damn, it's tough for me to decide which is my favourite. I'll say Annah just to stop thinking about it. Next fave would be Dak'kon, for his superb story that unfolds through the course of the game.
    And let's not forget Nordom, the lovable Modron cube you can't help but like. Maybe if you stats are high enough you can get him to turn into a TV with cable... Err. :D

Ah screw it, I like all NPCs. Just goes to show what a great game Torment is.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 09, 2001).]

4. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That has to be our flaming friend, Ignus. As a pure mage, he gets a nice amount of spells and he can toss his standard weapon: fireballs from behind the fighting lines. He regenerates hitpoints (constitution 20), and his 'one liners' are great. And I have to confess, I'm a little bit of a pyromaniac myself too ;)

5. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Mine has to be nordom. Face it, he has no idea whats happening to him, but if the director says "become stronger" he's like "ok!" and he does. he's like a little programmable fighter. And, he has the wonderfull quote "I think therefore I am...I think".

--FenixStrife

[This message has been edited by FenixStrife (edited May 10, 2001).]

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's a really tricky question. The characters in ST are the most fully developed of any game I've played. When it comes to choosing the favourite, you could do it from the perspective of which is the best designed chracter from a game perspective (and then you could get into useful to the group versus suuport to the story).

However, the game sucked me in so much that it becomes a decision based on purley persnoal preferences - I ended up caring about them as much as any charcater in a favourite film or book. So from that perspective, for me, it has to be Annah, Dak'kon or Mort because of the 'nature' of their loyalty to the Nameless one.

At first I found Dak'kon a bit boring and too serious but by the end you just have so much repsect for him and what he has 'endured' that he's like a best friend (though I still wouldn't take him to a party).

Annah was my only 'babe' interest from the moment she 'waggled her wee tale at me'. They way she is prepared to go up against people she has absolutely no chance against is also pretty endearing.

But finally, Mort. Funny, amusing and you spend the first 3/4 of the game not quite trusting him. But then, when you find out what he has been through and what a lonely spirit he is and how he is committed to the Nameless one (even the mad incarnations). I suppose its a case of, he can't abandon you and so I can't abandon him.

God I wish they could do a sequel. I know I've heard the arguments about how, but I think in the Planescape universe anything is possible. The Nameless one escaped his fate once before so why not again with the help of his friends. As to the commercial issue of it not selling enough, unfortunalety that is a good point. Maybe it will take off now its on budget and the design team will get generous and think what the hell, etc, etc, etc :(

7. Avooch Dar Guest

the best one is Morte you Berk!

8. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dak`kon, I just think he's cool.

I hate Annah, she is a whiney moron who never shuts up and makes stupid comments all the time. I think a blade in her back is better than a conversation.

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Vhailor, of course, reminds me of the inquisitors of our history :)

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] If you were on Viconia's place in BG2, you wouldn't say that.
    Inquisition burned people on strictly mass madness (hysteria) basis.

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

I know, why do you think I like Vhailor? ;)

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Nordom, you've just got to love his random dialogues. Particularly with Morte.

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

So Volar, you want to be burned alive in public? ;)

14. Lord Cheesefiend Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dak'kon. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Probably the most developed NPC in a game so twisted (in storyline terms) that all of its characters have to be fully developed.

Miserable git, but he *knows* what he's doing.

BTW, what's that about Annah as a Leprechaun?

Lord Cheesefiend

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

hm, check all Sorcerer's site, not only forums, and you'll find it.

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Easter Egg Morte! :D

17. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't like Morte. Not an EXTREMELY good fighter, and a big liar! I still didn't get if he was clean at the end of the game or he died without sharing all he knows.

My fav NPC has to be Dak'kon. Poor guy, to serve me till I die. And the worst part is that I ressurect him every time he dies too - so that makes him an immortal slave. Poor guy.

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Hmm, Vicsun, you are a bit paladin yourself, ain't you?

But, don't slap on Morte.

Bad fighter he is?
    Equip him with Ingress' teeth...
    Find out his origin...
    Use that damn Litany of Curses!

19. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Dak'kon.
    Thats all.
    You can learn something from him!

20. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Dak'kon is my first pick.....but also Annah is a great character....."Never seen something so ugly i've not!!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.