1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fave NPC?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, May 9, 2001.

1. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

To Vicsun: Die at the end? You really didnt try that hard did you? Haha.

***** WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER *****

Did you not find the blade of the immortal?

***** END SPOILER *****

2. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

SPOILER! Details concerning the game!

I don't think it's impossible to make a sequel. Idea: You still don't know ecactly who the Nameless One where.
    But he was a reaaaal bad-ass and brought destruction everywhere.
    He could have been a famous AD&D villain or something. Or the lackey of a even greater bad-ass who STILL lives.
    And Morte. Who where he? Maybe he really WAS the head Vecna (NO's old boss). Vecna has reassmbled parts of his power for millenia. Now he just needs to find Morte and the power held by his old lieutenant to regain the last parts of himself and rule ALL THE MULTIVERSE!
    (MuhahahaHAHAHAHAAAA!)
    Of course you first learn about all this late
    in the story. The PC should of course be someone who has no idea of what the hecks going on and journeys all over the planes to find out. And of course he/she/it teams up with NO's old friends.
    ( I kinda miss 'em) :)

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Divine, there are many possibilities to make a sequel besides those you just numbered.

But they DON'T WANT to make it. :mad: :mad:

4. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Although Annah is great, I cannot overlook the virtues of a bodyless smartass.

And how does the harlot give Morte his money's worth? HOW?

A timeless question which has led to many sleepless nights.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Mine would be either nordom for the great voices/lines or morte and also because he reminds me of murray another talking skull form the monkey island games

One thing i might add is that you are actually all talking about PC's [which are player characters = someone who joins your group] and not as the subject says npc's [non-player characters = people who don't join your group].
    It's pretty simple when you think about it. If you still don't understand look at the journal you make [not the ones you find as items] and look at whose in PC's section of beasts and whose in NPC's section. I hope you've got that everybody.
    So because of this the subject should be "Fave PC?

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 11, 2001).]

6. Deimos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Mine has got to be Vhailor- sure, other PCs have brains, looks and most of them actually have bodies (why don't Vhailor's eyes fall off: he hasn't even got a face!)but Vhailor has got a bloody big axe and an excellent voice that suits his character.

I liked him mainly because of the above but also I like games where characters interact- in other games if you piss someone in your party off nothing happens. In PS:T if you piss Vhailor off, he tries to kill you :)

"YIELD!"

7. jesper898 Guest

i agree with lazy bonzo:p i love Morte because he reminds me of Murray:wave:
    i like dak'kon too though:D

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited October 28, 2001).]

8. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Lazy Bonzo: In fact, you only play the Nameless one, not his companions. Okay, you control them, but not ROLEPLAY them. So they are "only" NPCs.

9. Dragoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It'd be Annah if I had to choose. That "idjit" of hers is great. Still I have to admit that all NPCs are great, they all have interesting story behind them and it's visible all the time how much work was put in making them. Probably the best set of NPCs I ever encountered in a RPG.

10. Dougfather Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Definetly Dak'kon- all that zerthimon stuff is quality and he is amusing - "the reason for your incesent clicking is not "known" to me"

11. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

It's nearly impossible to choose, but if i had to it would have to be Nordom, he is simply hilarious. Then Vhailor, because of his voice and his twisted sense of "Justice".

12. total Guest

Nodrom, then Morte and third Dak'kon, then others (if fact with these guys I played)

13. Egglord Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hmm... can't decide between Nordom and Morte.
    Probably Nordom, just because of his random conversations

14. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'd have to say Morte... even though he lies to you, he sticks with you through everything, and is just so *funny*!

[This message has been edited by Tiana (edited February 01, 2002).]

15. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

ANNA!!! she's a kick-butt, scottish thief with hips to kill..."PIKE OFF" :)

16. comicspaul Gems: 1/31

You cannot underestimate the usefulness of Morte's Litany of Curses, as well as some of his oneliners are cool - like his constant urging to get rid of the Gith!!...and Dakkon is cool especially when reading the stuff that comes out of the Circle of Zerthimon....and just for the record, Ignus sucks.

17. Laeryl Gems: 1/31

My best is Morte he is just so funny especially his random conversations with other players. The second best is Fall From Grace its great playing a succubus and she has lightning which got me out of many tight spots.

18. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Gotta go with Grace, but I don't think she's still evil. Far as I can tell, she never really was. Evil is not self-sacrificing like Grace. Even her name says it: if you fall from the good graces of evil, you aren't evil. And I'm dying to find out what's in that diary! You know she likes you cause Annah hates her, but Grace won't admit it -- just gives you that little smile. Extremely well played. Definitely far more classy, mature and alluring than that teen-age street punk Annah, and way cuter. Gotta turn off her AI though, or she'll try to heal you at the most inopportune times.

19. I like them all!!!

But Fall-From-Grace...Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....:)

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well I really like Annah, she is my favourite. But I also Like Vhailor verry much, and the dialog when you met Vhailor is one of the best dialogs from the game!

But I like the voice and looks of annah, that tail is so cute! Maybe we should give her an executioners axe!

So well that makes Vhailor second :0)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.