1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Knight-Captain builds

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Beren, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mine during the OC:

Elven Rogue 3 and Wizard 5 to begin with ...

Then 8 levels of Arcane Trickster,

Then 4 levels of Eldritch Knight.

Then during Mask of the Betrayer:

Continue to max out the Eldritch Knight levels, then 2 more Arcane Trickster levels.

The rest Rogue.

Quite a powerful and versatile character, packing a Mithral Chain Shirt with a Zalantar Light Shield, so there's always only a 5% chance of arcane spell failure.

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A pure Bard with points in pick locks/search/disable device and intimidate/bluff/diplomacy/taunt. His main skills are spellcraft, parry, perform and use magic device. Other skills remain decent due to abilities like Heroism/Inspire Competence and attribute boosts from spells/items.

He specializes in conjuration and evocation magic, and has SF:Conjuration/Evocation, Extend Spell and Augment Summoning. He's a versatile character, quite powerful early on but very build/item dependent at levels 10-17. Once he gets Legionnaire's March at 18 though he suddenly becomes a very powerful summoner, my strongest summoner build thus far. His choice of epic feats includes Choir of Heroism, Hymn of Requiem and Last Stand.

That he seems to be the single-class counterpart of your build is an interesting coincidence. :D

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have a couple of favorites - either a warlock or a wizard/eldritch knight build (I have a few variations on the EK that I like).

I tend to stick with characters that aren't front line characters in this game, since I've got Khelgar, Neeska and Elanee (with her companion and summons) already up front.

If I'm planning to head into MotB, then I will think about splashing in some rogue levels as I prefer to handle traps and the like in that part of the game over the other character options.

I'm intrigued by the idea of doing eldritch knight and arcane trickster together. I might have to try that out next time I'm in the mood for some NWN2.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's been a while since I played, but I always took the "knight captain" route pretty intentionally, making a Paladin-type. They always felt the most heroic. A Paladin 4 / Sorcerer 1 / RDD 10 / Divine Champion X build is the only one I beat the game with. My party usually consisted of Neeshka, Elanee, Sand and a rotating character (Jarro, the Gith lady or Khelgar as a monk).

It seems odd, but I never feel comfortable in an RPG unless my PC is the toughest guy in the bunch. I've played games where I start out as a rogue or mage but never get very far. Hmm.

5. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think the thief path is the more rewarding "good" path, as opposed to the city watch path anyway. Has everyone tried it?

I've grown to hate Nasher for everything he did in NWN and and I found it unacceptable that what watch path basically does IMO is turn you into his lapdog.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Toughest as in the best Melee warrior? If so, that is how I start every new game as, a warrior. I always struggle with the spellcasters and rogue types unitl I really figure out the game and engine mechanics of a new game.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I never have tried the thief path. But considering how much damage Neeshka was dealing out by level 15, maybe I should try that next time and just rely on Casavir and Khelgar to do all the tanking.

8. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Only if you still think/feel as the Hero of NWN1. And have therefore witnessed the **** hitting the fan, and the consequential fallout with Aribeth and the Old-Ones.

But the Shard-bearer, has no such 'personal' frame of reference, and the Fate of Aribeth and what transpired during the Wailing-Death time is beyond him/her!

But I do get you!
    Was not easy for me too. :)

Oh, Ranger/Cleric of Auril build.
    Love the combination of those classes!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  9. DominionSeraph Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Definitely some flavor of Bard.

[​IMG]

Look at that level 5 AB:

[​IMG]

10. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I think the most entertaining of characters i've made in NWN2 was when
    I tried to make the best halfling warrior I could possibly create.

Enter Sunjia Lerose, a mix of swashbuckler, sorc/RDD, and duelist. I forget the exact stats, but i'm pretty sure she had a strength damage bonus of 21 with insightful strike, and I balanced stat progression between dexterity and intelligence. Seeing a halfling in a robe charge into enemies and slay everything was quite an entertaining sight to behold :D

11. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I went for pure monk when I finished the game. a male halfling monk. Stuffed every Dex booster I could into the little fellow. Ended up being pretty much untouchable.

12. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I wish the NWN2 games were any good, since I love the new classes they added.

My favorite mage build is a half-orc wizard/eldritch knight/arcane scholar of candlekeep. Empowered and maximized firebursts filled all my level 7 and 8 slots and were doing 60-120 damage each to everything around me. Let off one or two of those in a crowd of enemies and you can mop 'em up with a greatsword if they actually survive.

A surprisingly powerful multiclass was a cleric/rogue (of Mask, of course). Cast sanctuary when you see enemies, buff up, hit 'em with a barrage of sneak attacks, repeat until dead. Take practiced spellcaster and spell focus on the school that has all the "hold person" spells and the like (forgot which one it was) and sneak attack them while they're disabled.

My favorite melee build is a fighter/weapon master (katana)/frenzied bezerker. The damage you were dealing was ridiculous. It's prestige classes like these that make the melee classes viable against those crazy warrior-priest builds. Make him Drow for the spell resistance if you enjoy extra cheese.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.