1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Spell!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Time Stop then Imprisonment, I know that it has killed me many times. I finally broke down and cheated it out with CLUAConsole, its a long spell and time stop keeps you from getting your spell interupted. Not to mention it looks awesome IMHO.

2. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

you want to level an in close battle once you get higher level I find what some call a cheesy tactic of time stop, improved alacrity, then as many dragons breaths as I can manage at once. Your allies don't get nailed in the aftermath so you can do it on top of your party and you get enough DB spells going and you level most of what they hit. Sometimes you have to precursor the dragons breaths with spells to remove protections such as Pierce, Pierce Shield, or Warding Whip.

3. Drow Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hmm either

Magic missels
    we all know why.

Plauge of insects
    No spells, can brake morale and does damage.

Or Sunbeam
    Hit a lich with it then pull out the Daystar if he surveives and do it again.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

After a TS, cast HARM (if you are a good enough cleric/mage) result will be awesome, you will not miss the hit as the victim is frozen in time, and it will be reduced into 1 HP. There is NO saving throw. Though MR can block it, you must have some way to drop it if you are able to cast TS and Harm right? It is a cool way to kill big HP enemies with ease!

Improved Sendai uses this combo, a ranged, unresistable, completely cheesy Harm in a TS.
    And she can do more than once on insane! :eek:

Well, her 4 project image's insect plagues hurt too, on insane all has permanent IA and they just keep casting 5-6 insect plagues on you and continous Unholy Blights, Comets, etc..but I am getting offtopic forgive me. :angel:

5. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've always been a huge fan of the most obvious combo out there: (with robe of vecna and amulet of power equipped of course)

Timestop
    Improved Alacrity

And then you can empty your entire spellbook more or less. Almost every spell is cast instantly, wich means you can cast every damn spell in the book. And if you are a cleric/mage... *whistles* :rolleyes:

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^What is better, if it is your project image is doing this, you do not spend your spells and can do the trick again and again via new project images! I love project image spells!

Or stick 3 PI in a CContingency, set it to helpless, cast PI yourself, you will have 4 fully powerful project images! Each then casts TS with one second delay, repeat Imp. Alacrity and empty your spell books! Set Autopause when spell is cast and thus you will be MUCH more effective! After each 4 images empty their spells, NO enemy should be alive. This is the ultimate cheese and power in spellcraft, IMHO!

7. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That's for sure :yum:

8. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Gotta put in a good word for Chaotic Commands. Confusion/Chaos is the danger you face most often. It is also priceless when facing the brain-suckers.

9. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My favorite spells are magic missile and stoneskin.

10. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

dont forget findfamilier. So useful you only need it on a scrol once. Free permanate hp and a litle critter to talk to awww good psuedo dragon.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Lately I've been doing an uber file with 6 f/m/t's and my favorite combination of spells is Flesh to Stone (always works) and then a nice Flame Arrow. Nice effect and amuses me whenever I have the screen with no toolbar things.

Again, Magic Missile is wonderful, there is nothing more I can say that has already been said.

I really enjoy Abi-Dalzam's Horrid Wilting (totally forget how to spell it) because it kills so many at once.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Infravision. Especially when I'm playing an elf. Absolutely essential. Boy it sure came in handy when I was facing Demogorgon, I tell ya...

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Fireball :D Gotta love the explosive doom.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@DR - rotflmao!!!!!! :hahaerr:

15. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

heh. one day I'm going to sit there and keep reloading the demogorgon until polymorph other works.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Magic Missile - because it is easy for me to work out what it does and who it effects.

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Favourite spell, hm... Gate - no, wait, I've turned a lot of NPC hostile with the fireball effect... Although I loved the idea of leaving an enraged demon in the temple of Lolth every time I leave the city ;)
    Fireball, Web, and Cloudkill are all cool, but my single favourite (or dreaded) would be the lucky-aim lightning bolt. Can hit you 4 times with the ricochets... Ouch is a weak word for such a thing.

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Breach - How many magic battles would we win without them eh?

OMG Death Rabbit!!!!!!! :D That made my day!

Oh yeh, I tried Friends against a Black Dragon once ... it didn't work for some reason :D

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hey, does anyone know what the best spells to place into a spell sequencer are? What styles do people usually go for, because playing BGII again, basically all the wizards here have some sort of nice combination. What are people's ideas?

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well tactics smarter mages use: Fshiel Blue&Red+Imp. inv. on self, and Remove Magic, Chain Lightning, Chaos on enemies, they hurt a lot so I guess these are nice combos!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.