1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Few questions

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, May 29, 2014.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1] Who is Kalah (gnome in the circus) reffering to when he says "This isn't what was promised to me" (or something like that) just before he dies?

2] Is there any way to shut up Aerie so I don't have to listen to her cry all the time with out being a jerk? She is a good character except for that.

Some questions about the de' Arnise Hold

3] Why is there a HUGE statue of an elephant hidden in the room along with one piece of the Flail of the Ages? And how the hell did they get it in there? Lol.

4] Why is the stairway to the cellar located on the 2nd floor and hidden?

5] Why do some of the hidden doors in the keep remain hidden even though you have Nalia in your party?

6] Why is Glacias in a hidden room instead of out fighting? He is one of the best guards after all :) Shouldn't he be with Nalia's father as his personal guard?

7] More to come I'm sure :)

8] Thanks for all the help everyone. I seem to have a TON of questions over the past month. I look at the most resent posts page and they are almost all started by me. Your help is much appreciated everyone. :borg:

2. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

The gnome is talking about a magic lamb which is in unfinished business mod

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1. As Vhadin says it's only addressed in a mod ... there is no closure.

2. No. If you romance her then after a very long time she whines a little less.

3. Einstein's Law of Relativity.

4. Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

5. She's clueless.

6. He's a coward.

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is there a way to find secret doors easier? I know the door is there but it takes forever to "find".
    Maybe detect illusion? I know secret doors aren't illusions but what else would work?

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can move slowly ... each character has a chance of finding a secret door per round. Standing in one spot will generally reveal any secret doors. Searching for traps will give your thief the ability to find a secret door with the same proficiency as finding traps.

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A thief using find traps helps, I believe.

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Whoa ... deja vu all over again....

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Do you mean lamB or lamP?

What is deja vu? is there a post around here with these same questions? A direction to them would be appreciated :)

I know what deja vu means by the way. I just mean why are you saying deja vu? :cool:

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  9. Vhailor

ops, i meant magic lamp

10. T2Bruno

Media:
    To recap....

I was just being a jerk :p

11. Bluerose Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Damn, I was hoping your first answer was correct, I'd like to see that!

12. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Yea that would have been pretty cool. I would have got the mod if it was a lamB :p

Kinda like the Golden Fleece eh? :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  13. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Throwing axes & daggers weight?

Ok time for more questions ladies and gentlemen.

1] Is there any way to make throwing axes and throwing daggers weigh a LOT less?
    Arrows and bolts don't weigh anything so why do daggers? A quiver of arrows would probably be a little more than a daggers weight?
    Ok so the axes are a bit much but I'd still like to use them without having to rely on magical returning ones that you don't get until I don't remember when. It's at least half way through the game I think?
    And for some strange reason I like the look of the throwing axes better than the returning ones with the exception of K'logorath but it seems to enjoy knocking trolls through the walls of the De' Arnise Hold?
    Also, failing this weight issue, where do I find a throwing returning dagger?

2] Are there items that protect your brain from Mind Flayers?

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    1. Not without a mod. The first returning axe is available very early on (and is excellent against undead -- bad news is you need to be good). The first throwing dagger (maybe the only one) is available early in the underdark.

2. npc's.

15. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1. What T2B said. There's a couple of throwing axes that you can find early game in BG2. (See also here). There's one returning throwing dagger as far as I recall. There's also one returning throwing dart, as far as I remember.

Weight for throwing axes is indeed pretty excessive. Playing through BGTutu or BG1:EE it's a lot more noticeable, though, as there's only one returning throwing axe and you only get that pretty far into the game. And ranged weapons are a lot more useful in BG1, so it's definitely a pain if you're playing a kensai or cavalier.

2. There's a mod that allows you to combine some items into something that makes you also immune to the brain devour. Weimer's item upgrade. Summons would be better than NPCs because resurrecting your party members and re-equiping them is a lot of clicking.

16. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Lol! "You. Your a meat shield. Get in there and have your brain devoured while I shoot arrows at it!"

"But what if I die from it? I'm not very smart you know."

"That's what this Rod of Resurrection is for!"

17. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

There are two returning daggers. One is in the underdark (+3) but there is one in Athkatla in the Bridge District. The primary way to get it is to successfully complete the limited wish quest but you may be able to pick pocket it as well (or kill the NPC in a bar brawl). It is called the Boomerang Dagger +2. I ahve always done the quest but chances are you can pick pocket it or kill the target for it.

I can give you more info if you need it.

18. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    What is the Limited Wish quest? I've never heard of it before :(

19. Vhailor

You cast limited wish and ask for a one time wish for an adventure. follow the note you get and start your quest

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    :doh: Forgot about Boomerang. I usually get that pretty early.

You don't need to do the limited wish quest. Just walk into the Dolasar Inn in the bridge district and fight the guys on the second floor. Note that doing this prevents being able to do the limited wish quest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.