1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Fantasy X

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Ofelix, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm near the end (After the Highbridge's discussion with Mikka) and I want all the legendary weapons. But I can't seem to get a single one. Do you have tips on how to acquire them? I more or less know where they are but I can't get them. I'd be grateful. Btw I live in north america so I (obviously) have a north america version, so no expert sphere grid and no dark aeons sigh... Anyway I also got some problems getting all the Al Bhed manual. And lastly does FFx-2's worth it? From what I've heard it an absolute shame to the FF series.

A last quick question: Why's Tidus so lame in battle? Mine's done all his sphere path plus half of Auron's and he is still a sissy with a sword, I don't understand why.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

re: Tidus, I don't know why, he would hit 9999 with me even before I acquired his caladbolg. i dont remember everything but i do recall that each weapon requires a sigil and a crest to activate. the crest isnt that important but if you dont have the sigil, the weapon is useless. you get the crests and sigils at various points during the game. In order to acquire any of the weapons, you have to have the celestial mirror activated.

tips:

tidus: chocobo racing, don't let anybody near you as you're liable to snap at them (this takes REALLY LONG)

lulu: do you have the patience to dodge 200 CONSECUTIVE bolts of lightning? i didn't.

Auron: complete the monster acquisition side quest

wakka: it's a prize in the blitzball games eventually IIRC, or you get it after 300 games or something

kihmari: complete the butterfly side-game

rikku: do the cactuar sidequest

yuna: defeat all the lady summoner's aeons

hrm i dont really remember the rest..

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

200 consecutive bolts of lightning?
    300 bliztball games?

What are the people at square thinking? "Our customers don't have jobs, a life yet they do have copious amounts of patience".

My advice, get the cheat CD and give yourself these items. No damn point going through those procedures, it's not fun.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

the blitzball actually got to be pretty fun once i got the hang of it haha. besides, it was also the only way to get wakkas other limit breaks. They gave away some cool prizes too during the tournaments, and watching tidus make the jecht shots was pretty cool. but since i only used tidus, auron, yuna and wakka half the time anyway, didnt bother (i doubt i could have) with lulus. kihmari in my game was too weak to be of any help anyway so i didnt get his sigil either. the chocobo race REALLY pissed me off though. I thought I was gonna smah my controller, and i was snapping at any sibling brave enough to come into the room hehe.

5. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

yeah blitzball was fun, but each game takes 4-5 min. meaning that to get Wakka's best weapon you have to use at least 1200 min (300*4 min) that's 20 hours. that's just to damn long time to get one weapon.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

in the term that i was playing this, my MWF classes started at 11am so I'd usually wake up a bit earlier and get around 3 or 4 games out of the way before going to school, so after a couple of weeks (I'd play blitzball at night hehe) I had it ;) besides, once you have a top team and get your momentum going it gets quite addictive. I had wedge and tidus striking and brother as the center. they were averaging around 3 goals per game each. the goalie hardly ever got to touch the ball anymore haha

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

They have been doing that since FF7 and those "chocobo races" -they can hardly change it without risking their oh-so-famous "brand." :rolleyes:

But it is just a item to brag with and not really even necessary; you seriously have to wonder who has the patience to spend so much time on such a meaningless mini-game. :shake:

(Excluding Enagonios of course. :p )

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

FYI, i didnt dodge the 200 consecutive lightning bolts. hehe. No, they weren't necessary but they made finishing the game all that easier. I was too lazy to try and fill up the sphere grids, but with the weapons, you could equip break damage limit ;) with Tidus, Auron and Wakka hitting around 30,000 each turn i didnt even have to reload or anything after getting into Sin hehe. besides, by this time I was BORED TO DEATH of the game and I only wanted to finish it for the story's sake hehe.

9. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hell, the 200 bolts of lightning is probably the *easiest* (except Auron's and Yuna's, which are extremely simple). Except when you get 198 and stop because you miscounted.

Or you get 0.1s on the chocobo race.

And those damn butterfiles.

And that blitzball one is not 300 games, it's much less than that. It's a prize in a tournament, so if you're luck with draws it's possible to get it fairly quickly. There's a guide to this somewhere (GameFAQs).

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31

With winning blitzball games I would usually send Tidus up first with a jecht shot then spend the rest of the game just passing the ball from player to player. Not exactly interesting or fun but it wins the game.

11. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Actually, i think it's just 50 games of blitz, and besides, blitzball is cool! I scored 14 goals in one match once, brother is a totally insane blitzer at higher levels!

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I managed 197 lightning bolts on my first attempt and then got stung. I then collected all my items, saved and kicked my playstation very hard. Quite a while later i tried again though.

Have the skill 'no encounters' attached to some crappy armour. I thinmk you need 20 purifying salts to get it. Then you don't have to fight battles when dodging.

Tidus' is the hardest sigil to get IMO. It took me an eternity. To be honest, I wouldn't even bother with them. The only reason I did was to beat the Dark Aeons and the special creatures from the Creature Arena thing. If you do coninue, make sure you get the crests as well.

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Who needs them anyway? People who want to stat-max must have patience forged from steel...because blitzball is about the most annoying thing I have EVER had the misfortune to play. So were the chocobo races. So were the 200 lightnings.

FF-X's powergaming aspects were VERY annoying. :flaming:

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah my bad regarding the blitzball games, but im quite certain that it was at least 100...? yes they were a prize, but before you got to them, they had to offer the auroch reels and attck reels and stuff first, and that took quite a while.

the lightning bolts were just too damn boring to do... and yes, i agree, tidus' sigil was HELL to get. i could have scared a tiger in the mood i was in before finally getting it hehe.

<very mild spoiler>

anyways, it all depends on character preference. i've never been the "Stat-maxing" kind of person, i just wanted the break damage limit ability for the characters i actually used. FFX's ending was a MAJOR diappointment i must say. after shedding a tear for tidus, that scene with yuna was kind of lame imo. and x-2 was even lamer. Now i know the reason why square NEVER released sequels to their ff games. it should've stayed that way imo.

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I don't know Enagonis. FFVII-2 looks wicked.

I would try to keep everyone about the same in ability when leveling up in Final Fantasy games. I don't like to not use people. What I really enjoyed about FFX was how you could interchange party members and level up your entire PC base at once.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i liked that ability because it enabled you to switch characters to match the threat and because you didnt have to waste time curing an otherwise inconvenient status effect hehe.

FFVII-2? are there any previews and stuff out? is this for ps2? i haven't heard of this yet... i heard that FFVII is being developed as a feature length animation though, similar to that crappy "spirits within" but MUCH better i hope.

17. Abomination Gems: 26/31

FFVII-2 is supposed to take on a 'film-noir' type of gameplay. As far as I know its pretty hush-hush but the video-clip I have seen is amazing (as with most square fmvs).
    I don't think it continues on from FFVII but rather tells the story again with better graphics, better battle system, voice acting and a different 'tone'.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whoa. if that's the case, maybe i should wait for this instead of playing FFVII through. i assume its for the ps2 console, hence the better graphics, etc?

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I don't think they are making PSX games anymore anyway... But, obviously for the PSII :p

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

cute :p just wanted to clarify, you can never be too sure yknow ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.