1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finished a great game

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by findarato, Aug 30, 2009.

1. findarato Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I just finished PST this morning for the second time, did take about a week and a half (less than the first time), and that's also due to the great advices I got on this forum. :) Thanks for that.
    This game is really good, and I am sure to play it again.
    Just have some questions about the different mods for it that are available (even if there are countless threads on this here already).
    I have Platters 1.37 fixpack installed. Do I have to remove that before installing one of Quinn's? And which one is recommended to install, there are several I realized? I would like to include some new quest for instance, and maybe bet rid of typos in the game.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Qwinn Gems: 3/31

Yes, you do have to uninstall Platter's Fixpack to install my mods. And since there's no easy way to uninstall just his mods, I instead recommend uninstalling the entire game, then manually delete everything that remains in the override directory, then reinstalling the game, then applying my mods.

As for which, I'd go with the Fixpack, everything in the UB module (except the cheat items, though really they just mostly add flavor to Vrischika's dialogue), and at least the Accelerated Banters and a couple of the other tweaks. A lot of the tweaks I would personally never install, but it should be easy from the Readme to figure out which ones you like.

Qwinn

3. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Thanks for the information, I will consider it.

I installed this candlestick quest along with the 1.37 fixpack before I started the game, but while playing I noticed nothing of it in the buried village. Can someone tell me what this should be about?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.