1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gaal dialog dawnmaster won't talk to me

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Vhailor, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

When entering the temple district Gaal has his speech but the dawnmaster won't talk to me so I can't get the quest to meet him in the temple. Is this a game breaking bug. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Try seeing what state the quest is at by enabling the console and entering the following :

Code:
    C:GetGlobal("GaalSpoke","AR0900")
    if it returns a value of 2, try setting it back to 1 by entering

Code:
    C:SetGlobal("GaalSpoke","AR0900",1)
    That should make the respective npc for your alignment spawn and talk to you again.

Also, depending on your alignment you get this quest from different npc's :
    High mornmaster Arval for good alignment, Stormherald Nallabir for evil alignment, and High watcher Oisig if you're neutral.

i don';t know if the problem is that the npc just won't talk to you, or that he doesn't appear at all - if he doesnt appear at all after gaal has his speach you could try creating him through the CreateCreature console command.

For Highwatcher Oisig: C:CreateCreature("BHOISIG")
    For High Mornwatcher Arval: C:CreateCreature("BHARVAL")
    For Stormherald Nallabir: C:CreateCreature("BHNALLABIR")

Vhailor likes this.
  3. Vhailor

How do I enter the commands? I can't get EE Keeper to work and am not sure what you mean.
    How do I get the box to input the codes?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  4. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    You'll need to enable the cheat console first.
    here's a link to a threas on the baldur's gate:enhanced edition forums wich details how to do so :

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-tweak-your-game

After that, you can press Ctrl + Space in-game to open the console, then input the codes from my previous post.

GetGlobal is acommand that checks the state for a quest. Quest states are basically counters, every time you advance in a quest the counter goes up, basically for the game to keep track of where you are.
    If a bug prevents a quest state from advancing to the next value, or advances it to the wrong value - you'll effectively be locked out of completing said quest.

So, use the getglobal command to see if the Cult of the eyeless quest actually started properly - state should be at 1 before you talk to the priest of your respective temple. if the game says the global value of "gaalspoke"does not exist, or is set to 2, you can reset it back to a value of 1 with the SetGlobal command.

If that alone fails, use the CreateCreature command to spawn in the npc that's supposted to give you the quest. i put the code for all 3 of them since i don't know your characters alignment, and that decides wich of the 3 gives it to you.

5. Vhailor

I've inserted the 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', into the Baldur,ini file but when I press control and space no screen comes up. Could really use some help thanks.

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's not so much a screen as it is a single line black box on the bottom of your screen. At least in vanilla BG2. If it's not there, perhaps something went wrong with the code in the baldur.ini file, but from the looks of it, it looks a lot different in EE than in vanilla BG2, so I don't think I can help you there.

7. Vhailor

lua: toLua-too many arguements to function "GetGlobal". I got the box but get this message when I put in the above Gaal spoke , 1. Any help would be welcome

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    you'll need to use SetGlobal to actually set the variable gaalspoke to 1, not Getglobal.

Getglobal = check the current value of a global variable.
    Setglobal = change the value of a global variable.

just tested this on my game and it works fine.. each time i enter the following :
    a new High mornmaster arval spawns in, though in my case since i allready accept the quest to ask me about progress. since you have not accepted the quest yet, in your case the correct npc should spawn to invite you to their temple so you can accept the quest there.

[​IMG]

9. Vhailor

THanks for the help guys I had to use the create creature code but the other didn't work. Thanks.

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Media:
    I know I'm late to this, but this can help other people.

In Windows Vista and later, it's possible that you need to look in the virtual store instead of \program files (x86) to get this to work.
    http://windyweather.net/2008/09/29/vista-virtual-store/

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.