1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game Release

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Abdel - Bhaal Spawn, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Isn't this game going to be release late January or early February?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Err, no. More like mid to late 2006.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ahhh... Just at the time I'll probably get a new computer. Good timing :D

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sorry if I've missed the news somewhere else, but do we know much about the actual campaign(s) that will accompany this release?

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    patience is a virtue. I do not mind to wait for developers to finish games. Hopefully oblivion wiil come first as well as D&D online. save the best for last.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh, I'm in no hurry for it to come out. I'd be happy if they waited as long as possible to give me time to finish Hordes of the Underdark and the premium modules first. That's the benefit of being really useless at these games. It takes so long for me to get through them (after having to reload a million times at every tough fight) that I am never waiting around desperately for the next release.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm still working through a lot of great user-made content. I could easily play the first neverwinter for a year or so more. I know if I get the new one then I'll probably never go back to the old one again.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Really Tal? Is that an educated geuss, or has it been annouced somewhere? Last I heard, they were aiming for the 1st or 2nd quater of 2006.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rotku, well, the end of the second quarter of 2006 brings you to mid 2006, and considering the PR offensive hasn't started yet (but soon), and the fact that the game won't be released until some time has passed from the release of D&D Online, I'd say mid to late is the most likely date, especially if there's some delay with D&DO again.

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I'm with Harbourboy in this one. I'm still playing mainly the OC and haven't really touched the expansions. The longer I have to enjoy playing NWN1, the better.

In any case, I wouldn't buy the game the moment it comes out, especially when a mere year later it will be much more affordable.

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It takes a lot of willpower to wait for gold or diamond editions. I lack that and will buy it the first day it reaches the shelves.

12. Dice

Media:
    I imagine when it comes out my longing gazes will prompt my husband to "surprise" me with a copy. Also he will want to get me a game so he can justify buying himself a new game.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'll wait a bit before buying it i have enough games to catch up on without adding another new one.

@Dragonfly is it me or is there a subliminal suggestion associated with "longing gaze" of a voice saying "if you know what's good for you" and a big stick continually prodding someone's hubby :lol:

14. Dice

Media:
    Ha! Hardly Darkstrider, but very cute insinuation there. We each carry a stick :evil: Makes for an interesting marriage.

He just likes to get me games so I will stop bothering him about the excessive amount of time he spends on his computer. Call it gamers insurance.

15. Harbourboy

Dragonfly, how can he play his game if you're already on the computer playing YOUR game. Last thing I want to do is get NWN2 for my wife. If she started playing games, I'd never get a go!

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

In a recent interview with ActionTrip, it was announced that they are aiming to have the game released by June 2006. Whether or not that will prove accurate is a different question, but judging by the fact that it's Atari setting the deadlines, it will probably be sooner than later - with the player suffering from the quick finish, of course.

To add to that, we have a trailer released here. Haven't watched it myself yet, but I've heard good things about it.

[Edit]Just saw in the news that Chev has already covered the trailer... And probably the other point knowing how effecient he is :)

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm concerned about what I'm hearing about NWN2. No mounts, and it sounds like Atari is going to rush this one to market too, a la TOEE.

If that's the case, why not just create another add-on for NWN. I've played NWN on community created sites longer than any other game I can remember. With no significant changes to the engine, why bother?

At this point, the only way I'll be buying NWN2 is if ALFA migrates to the new game. If not, I'm not getting jammed up by Atari again.

18. Dice

Media:
    @HB - We have 2 computers :p . If we only had one computer you would see me posting on the BOM once a month....if I was lucky.

19. Rotku

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anybody know what the minimum/recommended specs are to run NWN2? I wanna see if I'm beefy enough, as unlike BTA I don't plan on another upgrade for a while. I have:

AMD 64 1.2ghz
    nVidia 5900XT
    1.5g Ram

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.