1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gorf the Squisher not appearing

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Cerberus, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Cerberus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I found a lot of threads about this quest, but nothing that actually helped me to solve my problem. However, I know this quest is a buggy.

Simply, Gorf, the Ogre that is supposed to be beating people out of the CC, does not appear. I have Mazzy in my party but the ogre does not appear.

In this very old thread I read that the only requirements are
    - Mazzy in your party
    - time check between 3 and 15

I read about that "GorfHere" variable that should be set to be 0. However the CLUA command

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("GorfHere","GLOBAL")

does not give result (it says GORFHERE GLOBAL does not exist).

Is this the right command to check if the variable is set correctly?

I also tried simply CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("GorfHere","GLOBAL",0) and this seems to create a global variable GorfHere, but nothing changes.

Finally, I tried to spawn Gorf in right outside the CC with CreateCreature("Gorf") but I got a loop (something similar to what happens here. Gorf speaks to Mazzy as soon as he is spawned in, then a bystander who was not there is spawned in and Gorf goes to hit him; after the first hit, he speaks again to Mazzy, with the same words and another bystander is spawn in. I waited a little (something like 20 bystanders spawned in) then I quit.

Any suggestion?

PS. Does this Gorf quest somehow affect Mazzy's real quest. I had her in my party for over 20 days and nobody came to talk her about her sister.

---------- Added 14 hours, 40 minutes and 20 seconds later... ----------

Maybe I found a solution at least for Mazzy's quest about her sister. I used the commands of post #4 in this thread. Now, if I spawn Dunno, the quest starts.

However, I tried to use the same commands with GetGlobal, instead of SetGlobal, to see the current values. The output says that all those variable do not exist except for SpawnDannoTimer that is set to some ridiculous value that changes each time I open the game.

I think there should be some other variable associated to Gorf's quest, that should be set in some way in order to have the game spawn him.

However, is it normal that GetGlobal says that all these variables do not exist? (after that I have set them using SetGlobal, GetGlobal spits out the value that I have just set).

---------- Added 23 hours, 38 minutes and 52 seconds later... ----------

I think I solved it. Thanks to Keneth for all of the help he gave me.

This is how I solved the quest.

The variables that play a fundamental role are GorfBystander and GorfPlotOn. The variable GorfHere should be the trigger of the quest, but even though I tried to set different values, nothing happened.

At each step I indicate the values of the variables.

Start: In front of CC between 3 and 15.

CreateCreature("gorf")

Gorf is spawned, says something. A bystander appears and Gorf walks toward the bystander to hit him.

Vars: Bystander -> does not exist
    PlotOn -> 1

(Here it would start the loop talking and spawining bystanders, so, before Gorf hits the bystander, I create the corresponding variable)

SetGlobal("GorfBystander","GLOBAL",1)

Bystander falls down. Gorf talks again. Mazzy challanges him; diary update. Gorf goes into CC. Mazzy says something else.

Vars: Bystander -> 3
    PlotOn -> 0

I get into the CC.

Vars: Bystander -> 4
    PlotOn -> 0

I talk to Festule and buy the potion. Diary update.
    When I stop near Surly, he and Mazzy talk about where Gorf is.
    I talk to Bunking and give her the potion for Gorf. Diary update. Gorf comes and drinks.

Mazzy and Gorf start their fight.

Vars: Bystander -> 7
    PlotOn -> 0

Mazzy wins (easy fight; members of the party can give her powerful weapons; I did not try to directly help Mazzy with magic). Diary update.

Vars: Bystander -> 7
    PlotOn -> 2

When I get out of CC, the bystander walks away.

There are probably a bunch of variables having to do with Festule, Bunkin, Surly and the potion; it seems that they work correctly though.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess as long as it worked, that's fine, incorrect variable sequence or not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.