1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greater Mummy

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Evil Dad, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My fairly new party is doing the Unseeing Eye Quest and during the riddle at the bridge, I got a question wrong. A Greater Mummy started attacking me and none of my weapons (all +2) has any affect on it ... only Aeries magic missiles worked, but she only had a couple :(

I know I could simply reload and get the question right to avoid the Greater Mummy, but I would like to be able to defeat it if I can.

Is there something simple I am not doing? or do they need greater than +2 weapons to do damage?

2. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm guessing you simply need greater than +2 weapon, because with flail of age, which is +3, I kicked his evil butt.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Thats strange. I am sure I have given hell to all sorts of mummys with Keldorn's sword and thats a +1/+2 iirc.
    Dont you have a Cleric in your party? Turn him once and he will run away and stand in a corner.

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Yeah, I was replaying that bit just today (funnily enough) and it does indeed take +3 weapons to damage a greater mummy. Common-or-garden mummys can be easily despatched with mere +1 weapons. Fortunately, I had plenty of such weaponry at my disposal.

Yay for Celestial Fury! :grin:

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well ... he's dead now :) I decided to rest as I was level drained from an earlier battle anyway, so a flamestrike, holy smite and a couple of magic missile quickly dispatched him. Hope I dont meet anymore :S

I am only L9 atm and playing a Cleric, and you need to go down there sooner to get the stronghold underway, although I think it's really designed for a slightly higher level party.

Edit: I should have kept lilacor ... but I hate that weapon so got rid of it ... that will teach me :)

6. Shortnamed Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

there are enough +3 weapons, most easylie to get:
    Flail of ages in the d'arnise keep.

Tthat thing has several nice perks, making it a wonderfull weapon to keep, to polish and to occasionaly whack trolls, golems and yes, undead.

First Perk:
    Its doing blunt damage .
    Golems, undead and several other critters do have resistances against slash and pierce damage types, but not against blunt, yay.
    Oh, and it slows down enemys with around 33% chance per hit.

Second Perk:
    elemental damage ^^ nice to whack through stoneskins, kill trolls with leisure and to clobber down the ocassional... well.... to clobber down anything, aye?

Perk 3:
    Its a +3 Weapon, and upgrades to +4/+5.

*get it, love it, be happy*

7. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Yes, you certainly can't go wrong with that ever-reliable workhorse the Flail of Ages +3. Certainly far easier to get than Celestial Fury. Lilarcor is another nice, easy to get, early +3 option. I know it's annoying, but it does the business.

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Whats so annoying about Lilarcor :hmm: I would so love to get his brother, the +12 Hackmaster :lol:

9. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Don't you dare say was-moonblade-two-handed-sword is annoying. :D He's the coolest sword I ever met (like in McDonald's commercial)

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Lilarcor is one of the things that made Baldur's Gate II an interesting game to play.

11. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Just turn them

12. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

I'm not sure if Greater Mummys are effected by turning.

13. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You just need enough cleric levels under your belt.

But seeing that the author did this right away to start the stronghold, I doubt he is high level enough.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.