1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greyhawk: The Temple of Elemental Evil Forum Highlights

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 28, 2003.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Gopher)

Here are today's "Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil" project forum highlights. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context.

Steve Moret, Lead Programmer

Quote: Near Final Spell List;

Here is the spell list as of the end of March. While there may be a few additions, removals, or changes, I think this will probably be the list of spells we will be shipping with (actually I think we're are going to do about another 30 more, but I'm not going to promise it). Everybody thank Huy Nguyen for working major overtime to get all of these done.

p.s. Before anybody gets mad saying, "Hey my favorite spell XXXX isn't there! Hey it would be easy to do YYYY do it like this, why don't you do it." Please remember we're posting this information for your benefit and we appreciate your feedback. But please make it constructive feedback. We aim to please, but we also aim to get the game done o*n time. There are a total of 224 so far. So with that said... here you go, enjoy!

You can view the spell list here, but remember this is not the complete one, as they might have some more to do.

Quote: Additional lists?

I'll try to post additional lists as we feel we can properly release them to the public. I'd like to post a Skill List, Feat List, and Class Feature List as soon as I can as well. Keep your eyes open.

Huy Nguyen, Interface and Magic System

Quote: About the Near Final Spell List;

Doh! Now you know exactly who to blame when none of them work!
    heheh... yeh, this list still isn't complete yet, especially if you consider the non-PC spells that are left to do (monster spells/special attacks, magic items, etc).

Quote: There's no Otto's Irrestible Dance? No Tenser's Floating Disc, Leomund's Secure Shelter (oh, fine, so that one's impossible), Leomund's Secret Chest or even a lowly Rope Trick? My poor hobbit sorcerer will be forced to break his back and abandon all hope of shelter in this game? Most saddening.

Otto's Irresistable Dance is a level 8 sor/wiz, level 6 bard spell - not for this game. Both leomund spells mentioned are still on the list of spells to be implemented, so once i can get around to them...

For ToEE, secure shelter will most likely change in functionality to simply allow you to rest wherever you are with no encounters. Useful when deep in a dungeon...

As for tenser's, the usefulness of the spell when weighed against the special cases it would need means it is probably tossed out (if it hasn't been already). And, given options like leomund's chest, there are several other (better) ways to increase your carrying capacity/avoid encumbrance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.