1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Grimoire - Release Date Likely to Shift

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, May 24, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Cleve shares with us some highly expected news today, which is that it is very unlikely that the released date of Grimoire for the 29th of May is going to be kept.

I wanted to tell all those asking that these delays have nothing to do with Valve, which is merely going through their usual channels to verify all financial information. They are currently waiting for the U.S. to clear our tax identity number before they can promote us to our "pending" page on the Steam store. I regret to say it is not likely we will make the 29th the way things are progressing. The instant our page goes up we will have a date set in stone and it is likely to be very soon, within a small window after getting approved. I am making maximum use of this time to polish any and all details of the game which is ready to release right now. If I released it today in the next 60 minutes gamers would find it completely playable end-to-end and far denser than most of the RPGs they have ever played, but would be likely to still notice certain regions seemingly sparse or not quite populated. Luckily I have a waist-high stack of notes gathered over 20 years that specify in enormous detail what should go into those areas and I am adding these remaining touches now. I am also adding small fixes recommended by recent testing and feedback. As many of these as is possible will go in before and after our launch of the game. We are not selling the game as "Early Access" because the only person on the planet who would describe Grimoire as "incomplete" would be me ... and I obviously have a problem defining what that is when I almost always have some small new feature I'd like to add whenever I play it.​

Who knows, next thing we might hear is that because of the last minute changes to the game the game is broken and needs some fixing, causing some extra delay....

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.