1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has anyone tried FF12 yet? **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Dice, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Exodus0128 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes I know it is insanity, and I would go ahead and upgrade armor right now, if you need any extra money all you have to do is go chain mirroknights in the Feywood southernmost part. I made like 200k in about 30 minutes and it was great. BTW, JSBB there's a secret to that area. In the first area go to the first building right in front of the entrance, examine the middle and it will mention the illusion. at this point rotate your camera view and you'll see a forest illusion through two of the pillars. Just walk through those and follow that path in a straight line. Just keep doing that and it will stop the loop. The same thing applies for the second area as well, except the start is in the middle. The trick to that area though is when you get to the gate, examine it, summon Belias, then examine it again.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I took down Cuchulain last night. It was a fairly easy fight. He uses disable so equipping at least one of your characters with the accessory that makes you immune to disable is almost a necessity. I had heard from somewhere that you should try to incapacitate and not kill the flans but I killed them and they didn't respawn. I am surprised that I have not heard any Irish people complain about Cuchulain being portrayed as a filthy and fatter version of the pillsbury doughboy.

I found a couple of on-line rare critter guides that have helped out with the rare monster hunt. I am up to the low 50s now so I have less than 30 to go.

I found this crazy Hell Wyrm in the Sohen Cave that seems to completely heal itself whenever you run its life down to zero. I was fairly easy to take it down to zero HP - I must have taken it down at least six times. I figured that it was healing itself at the last second so I waited until it only had a small amount of life left and then hit it with a massive quickening chain to reduce it to zero but the damned thing healed itself again anyway. Given that I had just blown all my MP and achieved absolutely nothing I decided to employ the tactical wisdom of Brave Sir Robin.

Edit: For quickening chains I have managed to get the following kickers: Inferno, Cataclysm, Torrent, Windburst, Luminescence, Ark Blast and Whiteout. I normally get Ark Blast. I gather that there is a Black Hole kicker that goes off if you mange to include four of each level of quickening but I have not managed to trigger it yet. Has anyone else managed to pull off a Black Hole or are there any others that are missing from my list?

[ December 08, 2006, 17:24: Message edited by: JSBB ]

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

You mean sir Garrick? ;) Brave, brave Sir Garrick! :D

@JSBB

Yes, I've hit Black hole a few times. Here, this is from ffxii.net:

In other news, I ported from Balfonheim to the Stilshrine and nailed Zeromus. I'm now planning to try and take on Exodus. JSBB, can you help me out with getting to him? I've followed these instructions:

but everytime after I cross the new bridge and dismout the Chocobo, when I exit to the west, I do end up in the babbling vale again, but not where he says. I just end up near one of the other shrines (not the shrine of the west) and no boulder in sight :confused:

4. Exodus0128 Gems: 1/31

You'll want to activate 3 of the shrines, none of them in the east. You'll want to activate North West and I believe South shrines. After that, grab a chocobo at the northern exit, ride the chocobo south one screen then hug the wall to where the city is, you'll find a chocobo trail there which you follow to a narrow path. Take the only exit, activate the West Shrine on the hill and knock down the boulder. After this, the arena where you'll fight Exodus is opened, ONLY after you've activated South, North-West, and West shrines. You'll then go to the narrow trail where you went with the chocobo. After this, go north and you'll find where you fight Exodus. I will tell you this however...Exodus was probably the easiest optional esper other than Zalera and Addramelech. Just shell and protect up, cast bubble, haste, and begin your hackin away. I think he might cast a paling but I'm not quite sure.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Found him and owned him, thanks. Yeah, he was pretty easy, did the same as you with a few more buffs and thrashed him. Half the time my characters blocked his scathe attacks ;) Yeah, he cast a paling so I waited him out.

Would you happen to know how I could reach Cuchulainn? I'm going after him now but am not really sure where in the Gramsythe Waterway he is..

Also, any tips on how to make the weather-condition marks appear? I just can't seem ot make it rain in the giza plains for the gil snapper or in tchita uplands for the lindwyrm :bang:

<edit>

found Cuchulainn and thrashed him. Ka-Pow! ;)

[ December 09, 2006, 11:59: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

6. Exodus0128 Gems: 1/31

You have to advance the story a little bit before you can actually make it rain, I think it should be rainy season one more time in Giza, however you might have missed out on that opportunity, not quite sure. BTW, I'm getting ready to chase after Ultima, I think I should be alright, my main parties around level 60, but yeah, just getting enough espers to find Zodiark, who I soo want. If you need any other help on finding espers just ask.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Cool, thanks Exodus. I read somewhere though that "zoning" or teleporting out then back into an area via teleport crystals can change the weather, is this true? Also, what levels are advisable before venturing into the Necrohol of Nabudis?

8. Exodus0128 Gems: 1/31

I'm level 55 with my starting party and even I do not like venturing into Necrohol of Nabudis. Monsters there do way too much damage and I really do not like using all those Phoenix Downs. However, Chaos is there, so I do have to go kill the Humbaba Boss and then ultimately Chaos. When you go there I suggest around level 65ish with great armor and good weapons. I use the Zodiac Spear and right now 2 Deathbringers, however I almost have the Ultima Blade, just 1 more High Arcana. Also need to get Tournesol which will be great.

Trying to decide if I should get Ultima or Chaos Esper first, need to get both of them though before I can go get Zodiark who you need 10 espers before you can attempt to get it. Then I want to go finish off the rare monster hunts.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

65? Damn, I've got a ways to go with the others at lvl 43 :eek: but Basch and Vaan are at lvl 59 already. Hmph, don't have the Zodiac Spear or Deathbringers. Right now Basch still has Francisca and Vaan has a Diamond Sword. I'm planning to nail all the espers and hunts but completing the beastiary is too much for me :eek:

10. Exodus0128 Gems: 1/31

The Deathbringers are nice, you can steal them from a rare monster in the Barheim Passageway, although he is a rare sight. What you do is go south from the gate crystal, take the right branch on the tracks, then continue straight. You'll pass all the toads and the big turtle and right past the rocks there is a chest, hopefully there are two of them. If there are, the silver one is the one you want. Just keep stealing from him till you get it. Also there is a chance you can get a deathbringer at Raithwalls Tomb, if you defeated the first Demon Wall, examine the wall, flick the switch, then take the hidden stairs. At the end there will be a chest which should contain a deathbringer, if it doesn't, just reload your game and try it again. This also works with the guy in the Barheim Passageway. But yeah, that 1 hit KO effect is rather nice, along with the +90 it already has for being a one handed weapon.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I was stuck in my hotel room with not too much else to do so I had a very productive week-end from a FFXII point of view. First I advanced the story up to the end of the Great Crystal. That unlocked a bunch of hunts so I completed all of those - and I went and took down Gilgamesh while I was at it.

After that I decided to take another shot at the Hell Wyrm - it turns out that there is a seperate life bar for each of the dots beneath the life bar - it was very hard to see them on the hotel's lousy t.v. All in all it must have had at least 40 life bars with a lot of health in each bar. That was a true marathon battle but really quite monotonous and boring at the same time. I changed my gambits to use arise instead of raise and added a charge if mp less than 10 percent to the first position in the queue. This worked well until he was down to around 10 bars left at which point I was stuck in an almost endless healing loop so I temporarily disable the curing if hp less than 40 percent and let me characters be killed and arised instead. Eventually the Wyrm started rapidly spitting out Inverts which actually made the fight easier - he basically kept refilling my characters magic for me. The fight must have taken around 3 hours - maybe it would have gone quicker if I was actually playing but it was so boring that I ended up reading and letting the game play itself. I just switched around the party leader whenever necessary.

After that ordeal I ended up going after Chaos and he and his buddies were a bit of a joke. I have fought tougher rare monsters. Humbaba went down really quickly, the second boss (I forget his name) went down pretty fast too after I equipped one character with the proper immunity granting accessory, and then Chaos barely lasted a couple minutes. The Chaos fight was a little expensive though - the only trick Chaos has up his sleeve is that Attack is disabled so I ended up repeatedly using Gil Toss. At 9999 damage (and Gil) per toss Chaos went down pretty fast. Given that I have around 1.2 million Gil I guess that it doesn't really matter though.

I am up to 64 rare monsters which leaves me with 16 to go. My characters are all around the 65-66 level.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess those gambits are a good thing. I kind of wonder why they make bosses that are so hard to kill that they take 3 hours to do it. It might not have been such a long fight if your levels were higher I guess.

I'm enjoying the game. I'm about to go to Cuchalainn and I have my characters in the mid 40 range. There are so many things I enjoy about this game but I still think really hard bosses are annoying and take away from the game play.

So how far are you from finishing this game JSBB? What are you going to play next? I always feel a littl sad when I finish a great game. Kind of like whe you finish a good book.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Good God JSBB you're a monster! :p

I heard from my friend that Giruvegan is pretty near the end already.

Anyway, my own update: I found and nailed the Lindwyrm and Vyraal. What do I do with the Dragon Scale and Scrap of Rusted Armor that I got from them though :confused:

Also, explored the Nabreus Dreadlands, wandered into Nabudis and took down Goliath, but how do I get to the unaccessible portion of the Nabreus map where (I assume) the Roblon is waiting? :confused:

And my last cry for help :D : I finally made it back to the Giza Plains while it was raining and cut down the driftwood to make the bridge into the hidden area. However, the Seeq tells me that damn gil snapper isn't there yet :mad:

What do I do? the nearest teleport crystal is all the way in Rabanastre so porting in and out then running back and forth to that area to check if he's there will be a b*tch, :eek: what i thought of doing was running to the eastern path to the Estersand (as it is the nearest exit path) and then entering again. But will this work? Because when I first ran out then back in, the rain had stopped! :eek: and now, I keep running back out then in but the weather no longer wants to frickin change! :bang: :mad: can anyone help me out on this one please :)

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I gather that besides the Hell Wyrm there is supposed to be one other enemy with a gadzillion HP that takes hours to beat. I guess I will worry about that one when I find it but it does seem a bit silly to put one fight like that in the game let alone two. I checked some boards and three hours seems to be the usual amount of time for the Hell Wyrm fight.

I am not sure but based upon what I have heard I think I have three areas that I have not been to yet.

I think that moving two screens away is fine to trigger a weather change. This is what you need to reset enemies. It took me a lot of tries to get it raining hard enough for the Gil Snapper to show up. I would estimate 100 tries. It is really annoying actually.

15. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

does two fights that last hours are they optional? cause such stuff can realy put me off a game (like wild arms 3, spend one hour fighting the end boss only to die in phase 3, having to restarte the fight)

16. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

yah the really long fights are optional

50 million hp lol

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Forget that! I'm going to pass on this one I think :sick:

[quotes] I would estimate 100 tries [/quote]

I'll give it a few tries over the weekend, if it doesn't show in like 10mins, forget it. I don't intend to do all that work and then just thrash it immediately :|

@JSBB

You mentioned that you'd already taken down the Roblon. How do I get to it? :confused:

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Head into the Deadlands. In the map area south of the teleport crystal follow the north edge until you find a path that does not show on the map. This leads to the area on the map that isn't connected to the rest. Climb to the top of the mountain there and you will find Roblon.

Yeah beating Hell Wyrm is completely optional - you don't even get anything except for an icon in the Sky Pirate lounge for beating him. Giving him a zodiac spear or something like that would have been appropriate in my book.

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually it didn't take me that long to make the gil snapper appear. Probably about 12 tries and all I had to do was go back and forth across the driftwood bridge until the silly critter appeared.

20. Exodus0128 Gems: 1/31

Yeah, that would have been great, and on the rainy season thing, yeah the gil snapper doesn't come unless it's pouring, just leave one screen then come back till he is there, and Roblon was a friggin pushover.... I've probably used around ****in 300 teleport stones and it's getting to be rather annoying. I probably should level up a bit more before I go to Ultima... the mom bombs on the way are killer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.