1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has anyone tried FF12 yet? **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Dice, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I actually lost interest as well. I was working on the hunts to increase my levels then I started playing some other games. I think the thought of spending 3 hours to kill some of the bosses just made me shy away. When I go back to the game I'll continue to level up so that the fights can be faster. For now I really don't have any urge to go and play.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah my next task was going to be to fight the final hunt critter a.k.a. the big gadzillion HP nasty and after spending hours on Hell Wyrm I really was not looking forward to it. I received Neverwinter Nights 2 as a Christmas present and I have been playing that instead.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

heh, same thing that happened to me then, except in my case it was waiting for the gil snapper to show. actually, this "impersonal" style story of FFXII has got me interested in playing FFX again so I might give that another go.

4. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I did actually. But I can't seem to find the right timing. I'm on my way to Draklor and I still can't find the stupid Gil Snapper (even if I can't take it on just yet). I tried Exodus' suggestion... but nothing. And when it does rain, all I see are stupid twigs and dark crystals. I'm starting to get bored with this. Kinda like dodging 200 lightning bolts (hmmm...), harsh!

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I didn't even bother trying to get Lulu's ultimate weapon ;)

6. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31

You're the man Enagonios! Good for you! My fingers were sore after about three days of dodging :doh: , not to mention two of my friends as well. I love the FF series, but I just hate it when I encounter something I would call "impossible". I would've taken on the Gil Snapper when I still had my healer, Larsa (a.k.a. my slave).

Yet again, I have another question. I just finished Draklor and defeated Cid. My question is, is it possible to make my character dual weild? I've seen other characters dual weild (Reddas, Cid, and Larsa).

And is there a way to gain a quick Gil (not the Gil Snapper, mind you... I hate this guy)? I'm broke and I wanted to buy equipment for my party.

And last, speaking of the Gil Snapper, a friend of mine told me there was a way to make it rain in the Giza Plains :shake: . He wouldn't tell me... wanted me to find out myself :almostmad: . I'm thinking his only playing with me (just when I've almost had it with the Gil Snapper) :deadhorse: , but I sure hope he wasn't. His joking, right?

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yikes :eek: the only ones I got were for Auron and Tidus. That Chocobo thing of Tidus had me at it for a long time with a short fuse though :rolleyes:

The only way I know of is to keep exiting the "zone" of the Giza Plains and the weather changes. However, it doesn't only have to be "raining" for the snapper to show, I saw in a FFXII forum that it has to be "level 3 raining" so I just lost interest after that :/ as I said previously in the thread, the story has nothing interesting in it except for Baltheir and Vayne Solidor (though you see so little of him) and it hasn't involved me enough.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

There is no dual wielding.

The quickest way to get some gil is to equip Thief's Cuffs and head out to the area with the hardest baddies that you can easily defeat. Set up a steal if enemy HP = 100% on your party leader and set up the others to attack leader's target.

For the Gil Snapper all you can do is wait for the rainy season and then go in and out of the gil snapper area until it shows up. It took me many, many tries - it is highly annoying.

9. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dodging 200 lightning bolts was far easier than that stupid Chocobo thing. I got a time of 0.1 second :(

I can't believe it's still another month till this game arrives here.

10. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31

Aww, too bad. I was hoping to make Vaan and Basch dual wield 2 axes since I've seen no good 2-handers... yet.

Thief's Cuffs, hmmm, I have 2 (IIRC... if I didn't sell them) of these actually but I never used it. Might as well try.

Thanks for the info JSBB

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

So, it's arrived in the UK, and I spent all day Saturday playing it.

So far, I'm enjoying it. I really like the new battle system, and the characters are pretty good too. Love the voice acting.

Stuck at Judge Ghis at the moment though. He's so hard!

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, probably means you have to level-up a bit more. iirc I took him out with my first quickening chain, not sure how many there were anymore though..

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah it is very easy to wind up suddenly, and without warning, face to face with an opponent who is way too tough without your characters being of a lot higher level. In one way it is realistic I suppose but it does tend to cause some frustration if you have not saved recently.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

did you end up finishing it JSBB? I've still got my save at Balfonheim but it hasn't moved since my last post about the game :D wish they'd made the story more.. engrossing like in FFX (imo at least)

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, I never bothered finishing it. I have not played it at all since before Christmas. I should probably throw it on and just do the ending sometime without bothering with any more of the extra stuff.

I liked the story but the several hour long fights against the optional bosses really killed my interest. I don't mind throwing in some Omega Weapon type uber-bosses but having them have so many HP that the fight takes several hours is just stupid.

16. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31

Is it worth finishing the game? The only things left for me to do are 5 hunts and going aboard the Bahamut. I'm not planning on finishing my beastiary after all and I'm certainly not planning on going after 2 of the strongest bosses in the game, the one in the ??Great Crystal?? and the one in the ??Sochen Cave Palace?? (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just told they're there). Oh yeah, before I forget... to anyone who just started playing FF12 or having trouble with the Gil Snapper... DON'T FORGET TO CUT DOWN ALL THE DEAD TREES IN THE GIZA PLAINS!!! Most are found where Ichthons thrive. I was so busy looking for the Snapper I forgot about this important hitch, STUPID ME. Changing the weather is a snap, the problem is actually getting to the... thingy... I forgot what the place is called, where the Gil Snapper is.

17. Daie d'Malkin

If someone could explain the Quickening things to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It is kind of hard to explain without writing a small novel but I did a quick search and found this FAQ on quickenings. I looked it over and it seems to cover everything in an understandable and comprehensive manner.

19. Daie d'Malkin

JSBB, I got a 404 off that

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can't link directly to the files on that site. Copy the url and paste it in your browser and hit Enter.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.