1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help me fix a bug so I can continue

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by claudius, Mar 7, 2014.

1. claudius Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Hi,

With one party I got to the ice temple before realizing I had made some horrible build decisions.

So I made another party and in the Horde Fortress as soon as I got on floor 2 the game crashed. I forget the error message, but I can reload. I went back a saved game and it still crashed.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled and leveled up a new party. The same thing happens in the Horde Fortress level two.

I know that there was a long time ago a problem with slowing on level two, but it is not the same. It is crashing the game.

I am running the version 2.01 with the patch added.

It started having errors I think when I didn't know if the patch was added and I just went to a site with IWD2 and tried to install the patch even though I already have it. Now I learned my lesson and I think when I messed with the game it screwed things up.

Well I try to give info so someone can help me. I am on windows 7 and I have the game through GoG (good old games).

I really love this game. Can I back up my characters/saves and try a reinstall?

---------- Added 1 hours, 19 minutes and 29 seconds later... ----------

I searched my computer for icewind dale 2 and found in my documents library
    "icewind dale 2 setup"

So I ran that and it installed it within like 10 seconds.

the graphic for the desktop loading is different. It now has a thumbnail of Isair and Medai...

And all of my saved games are gone!!

Is it worth playing again? I could level up to the Horde fortress again, but that takes time. And I might have the same problem.

The new setup is also patched up with the 2.01 patch.

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Have you tried skipping that area?

3. claudius Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Hi Silvery. I have to go to that area to reach the objective of defeating Guthma.

4. claudius Gems: 5/31

Veteran

I'll reply my solution which isn't really much of a solution, but then I know little about computers.

I actually had IWD2 from a disc (ancient) installed from last year or two. And then I devised a 2014 party that went to the ice temple. But that party was horrible design, not elegant, and I wanted to try again. So I made a new party. Something odd happened to my computer and I thought I needed a patch.

So I went to GoG to figure out what to do. I'm not sure what I did, but it initiated this bug. I went to my computer uninstall section and I found that I had IWD2 installed twice. So I uninstalled both and then reinstalled the GoG which was already patched.

Anyhow in case anyone uses a search engine to find this thread at least they can know the data of my case in this 'not really a bug'.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.