1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help needed in KotOR (Bastila dialogue on Taris)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by chevalier, Apr 13, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... seems there should be four conversations on Taris before you go to Dantooine. However, Bastila asks what we were doing, I say we rescued the damsel in distress and all, she says she's impressed and here it ends. No more conversations appear. Not even on Dantooine. I've just restarted the game as I didn't have any saves back on Taris. What's wrong? Is that a bug? Or am I screwing it up?

Do those four only become available on Taris, or are they Taris-exclusive? Can I get them on Dantooine as well?

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You dont get the talk about rescuing her and who should lead and that? I think your romance is affected by how you treat her there in the start. I have managed to succesfully complete the romance but I didnt count how many conversations I had where, I dont think they are location locked though but connected to what you have done so after every accomplishment and level up I think a new conversation will be made available.

3. chevalier

Media:
    I had that conversation. I told her that I was able to handle myself. She agreed etc. We got "teleported" to Hideout where the who's-in-charge talk took place. I told them both to drop it and get easy ("this isn't helping").

Or should I have said "Carth, you can't talk to your commanding officer like that"?

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You should have a conversation about the dreams, the force sensitivity and all. Just talk to her right after the who's-in-charge one.

I found that romances are often buggy (particularly Juhani's) with encounters never taking place, love interest going mute for no appearent reason and so on and so on...

Save a lot.

5. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I never had any romances. Then again, I hated Bastila and never took her on any missions. I didn't know there was a Juhani romance, but that's probably because I didn't like her either, and always killed her.

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I didn't know there was a Juhanni romance either. Then again, she's not exactly attractive, don't you think ? Who'd make out with a half cat/half humanoid type of creature ? you gotta be pretty desperate to stumle into such a relationship. :D

I never had any problems with Bastila, even though i try to make fun of her in every conversation. All she does is react like an angry child, but she keeps coming back regardless, and in the end there's always a romance.

7. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

Ask ejsmith about Juhani. Judging from his posts in Random Babbling, he might be able to elaborate.

8. chevalier

Media:
    Juhani is lesbian-only romance AFAIK. She does say something about having feelings for you, but it's not exactly romance, anyway. Some people claim to have had the romance even playing a male character.

I had that one and exactly as they finished the who's-in-charge one I started this one.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Juhani "romance" isnt really a romance, it is more of a friendship and there is a small hint at the end of all conversations with her that under different circumstances there might be something more.

10. chevalier

Media:
    What's the last conversation that is necessary to have on Taris? And what's the last one you need to have before finding the first starmap on Dantooine?

11. joacqin

Media:
    The conversations are not location bound, there were occasions when I had not used Bastila for a long time and I then had several conversation with her in a row. There is a new conversation after every Star Map and after every level up. I managed to finish her romance with no problem. That you are having problems seems strange.

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Yeah, I didn't really think of it as lesbolicious. But then, I didn't really do all the conversations. I've started over, since I was displeased with my leveling scheme. I had entirely tooooooooo many soldier levels, and I chose sentinel when I should've chosen guardian/wizard. This time through, I'm looking at level 2 fighter, level 18 meat-butcher.

Most of the conversations I've had were either level-up related, location related, or just plain old time related. There has to be a timer in there after an area load, because I never get them *right* when I enter an area. In fact, I'm usually just right out in the middle of an area, running around, when the option comes up.

On a related side note, red warrior needs the dismemberment codes, Badly.

13. Elusia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

this is abit off the topic but does anyone know if there are any romances for girls?

i thought Carth might be one but so far nothing has happened :confused:

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I wouldn't know anything about that. all i know about Carth is that he's whining throughout the whole game. :D

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I hate Carth - Canderous is much better. All Carth does is yap on about how he doesn't trust you or anyone. He started off a conversation with my female PC and flirted with her, then called her a traitor :confused: Its so funny when *minor spoiler*
    you follow the dark side and he gets scared and runs away :lol: it reminds me of the film Natural Born Killers when Robert D Jnr runs away at the end like a small child whimpering when he's going to get shot.

16. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

*spoiler-ish*

I hear that if you complete Carth's romance then turn dark side when the occasion arises, he meets you back on the star forge... then you get to kill him. :evil:

I'd do that, but I don't have the patience to spend an entire game listening to his whines for it.

17. joacqin

Media:
    You all are aware that you can start all conversations yourselves right? You dont have to wait for "X seems to have something to say" for you to talk to them.

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Unless you try to conversate to rapidly after the previous one, in that case they don't have anything new to say, only the standard chit chats.

19. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Yeah, there's definately some triggers in there. You want to talk to everyone several times after each starmap. Usually after each planet change. You can't expect to finish all the character dialogue/interactions by the time you leave Taris. At best, I'd guess you have to have at least 3 star maps to complete everything. Anyways, that's about what I had; I don't consider Zalabar much of a "character dialogue", since he always tells me to take a flying suck anytime I talk to him...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.