1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hidden Cache at the Weeping Widow?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Warston, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Warston Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hi all

Last post today, I promise.
    So does anyone know what Veira's cache is:
    "You have uncovered a hidden cache within the Weeping Widow Inn. 400xp"
    This is the path where you intimidate or exorcise the ghost at the Weeping Widow. I have so far always followed the kind path, but would be interested to know what you get for being harsh.

2. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I've only succeeded in it once, with a somewhat unorthodox Dreadmaster diplomat character. So I'm guessing you need to be Dreadmaster (or at least evil cleric?) with some ranks in Intimidate or something like that.

You get an "evil" version of the dagger you could trade Veira's tear for. It's a +1 dagger that fairly often (25%?) poisons enemies on hit.

Warston likes this.
  3. Warston Gems: 2/31

There's a Dreadmaster in my party, but with low intimidate. I'll save beforehand and try it out. To be honest the quest doesn't have to be completed, or it could be saved till after clearing out the fortress.

4. Warston Gems: 2/31

I didn't manage any intimidation with my party level being pretty low. Anyhow, as someone else said, if you ask for the dagger and not gold, you can (with the mercantile background feat purchased) get as much as 17,600gp when you sell it. This is obviously way more than the 700gp you get from bargaining with Elytharra.

5. Horkon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

weeping widow Viera secret

Yes, you need to talk to ghost Viera with evil cleric (bane dreadmaster works for me) and broke her mind. You will get experience for this. Then talk to her with character with higher inteligence or diplomatic skills and she will tell you about secret stash. Now you can get tear to magic flask from her and receive another experience.
    U will find shortsword +1, with chance of posion. Pretty useful weapon to start. I Using it with my drow dual-wielder.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.