1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Highest Stat Roll!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    This was done in the past, but not lately. I have been playing BG a lot and rolling stats like a gambler on crack :p What is the highest roll you ever got? I can't roll higher then a 96 for my Bard and I got a 98 for a Paladin once. I'm not looking for any "Why are you wasting your time on rolling stats" comments, Thank You :)

[ December 13, 2003, 21:55: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

98 on a HUMAN Fighter.

Added: Lost of 90-95's on other chars too, but the Fighter was the highest.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    99 on ranger. Various 98's on paladins and rangers. Perhaps a 99 on paladin, but I don't remember.

4. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

94 (or 95, I'm not sure) for paladin and ranger/cleric. Usually 90-92 is enough for me.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I usually get 92-95 for a bard. If a play a ranger then I usually get between 93-96, although once I had a Ranger/Cleric with 97 total and an 18/00 strength - he was awesome, but I was bored of him by TOTSC. I have also had a paladin with a 97 roll. My best was a 97 with a fighter/mage, which I was so chuffed with as they have very low minimums so it was really hard to get this.

Nowadays I just still with any roll around 90-92 - after all I don't want my character too powerful:)

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Keep in mind, though, that characters like paladins or races like elves that have minimum stat requirements get boosts from the engine to make sure everything reaches the minimum. For example, if you created a kit that required a minimum of 17 in every stat, you would get at least 102 when you went to roll for your character!

7. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sarevok has 95 and since the PC is better than him, 96 or 97 does it for me.

I think 98 was the best raw roll I've gotten.

My current Mage/dualed from a Fighter's starting stats:
    Str 15
    Dex 19 (elf)
    Con 16
    Int 18
    Wis 14
    Chr 15

There's not much he has trouble with. :D

8. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Sometime it is a problem, to calculate the current drops. At the first time you can decide if it is high or not, but theminor differences stays hidden until you calculate the normal value.

I have good system to roll high stats rather fast. I add only the values above the 10. So in my calculation 10 means 0, 11 means 1, etc. At my counting once i roled 30, that is very good. From 23-25 it's good. I never keep stats under 20... Of course these are class related.

Good luck for everyone! ;)

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I got 105 once when the game first came out...Before the patch!

10. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Does that mean if I reinstall my 5 disc BG without TotSC or patches, I could get rolls above 100?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't think the patches changed anything about rolling. I don't recall there ever being anything wrong with it. It's just a matter of luck how high you get your stats. And how long you're willing to roll...

12. CamDawg

That's not bad, Sir Belisarius. The odds of that on a straight dice roll are 1 in 12,446,073,121.1294. ;)

edit: Corrected my faulty math.

[ December 17, 2003, 23:58: Message edited by: CamDawg ]

13. Sorvo

Media:
    Then Sir Bel must be a liar, that's my only conclusion.

14. CamDawg

Nah, the key phrase is "on a straight roll." Since the engine helps with your rolls and enforces minimums a 105 total isn't quite that unlikely.

There's a reason why paladins and rangers keep getting mentioned in these highest roll questions. Paladins have requirements of 12 STR, 9 CON, 13 INT and 17 CHA and rangers have requirements of 13 STR and DEX and 14 CON and WIS. Rolls below the minimum will get "help" from the random number generator.

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I may be lying...Or more to the point, I forgot exactly what the score was...I know it was over 100. Somewhere between 101-105. Like I remember rolls I made in 1998!

OOOOooooH!!! CamDawg brings up an excellent point...I was rolling for a paladin. :p Sorvo, you bastard!!!! :p ;)

16. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

So think about my 98-point human fighter. Minimums 9,3,3,3,3,3. A paladin has something like 12,3,9,3,14,17. So how about it?

17. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yep, it is really hard to get good scores with human fighters, thiefs, mages and clerics. One of the easiest ones is elven ranger, because their minimums are 13,13,14,8,14,8 (that's 70, and human fighter has 24!) Bards (3,12,3,13,3,15) and druids (3,3,3,3,12,15) have also quite good minimums.

18. Sorvo

Media:
    Getting drunk and being bored, resulted in a three hour rolling session yesterday. Rolling a Paladin I got two 97's, one 96 and a bunch of 92-94's. The one 97 had a 18/76 strength, I wish I would have kept it :( I guess I'll try some more today :) Rolled for another 3 to 4 hours today and got two 96's and one 95 :bang: I was ready to pack it in and WOOT! a 99 :bigeyes: 18/63 18 18 10 17 18 looks like I'm done rolling for awhile. Time to get some gaming in :D I still don't believe Sir Bel, he is a lawyer you know :p

[ December 23, 2003, 00:24: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

19. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, my highest roll is not like your yours but it's still a very good one.

88, for a human fighter or wizard (I don't remember exactly).

20. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

91 for a druid. 93 for a ranger. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.