1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Highest Stat Roll!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Alacris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

2. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

93 Human - Illusionist.

Bracers of Dex and I had 18 all over.
    Get some :D

(Dont think this was my highest ever though)

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I wouldn't want that 3 until I found them :p

4. drowling Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

For me, best results are in the 90-92 range, which is of course worse than Sarevok or a certain annoying Fighter/Cleric after he gets upgraded by Tyr or Helm or somesuch. But I usually play fighter, so I can't be expected to be as lucky as someone playing an Elven Ranger (who has the highest minimum of any class/race pairs, 70).

I think if you get a 90-94 roll while playing a Gnome you can be congratulated. (Did you know that Gnomes, compared to other more straight-thinking humanoids, have a minimum wisdom of 2?)

5. keldor Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Before I got Shadow Keeper, and wanting to play a P&P character I rolled in real life (who has a total of 93) I had to roll for over four hours to get sufficient stats to make him! On another occasion (when I decided to start again with different weapon slots) I did it in about three goes!
    My point is that getting anything above 88 is blooming hard! Scores in the region of 95 are practically unheard of in my experience, so I suspect some porky pies in this thread. Paladins and rangers *do* require higher stats, of course.
    That said, I read of a trick to enable regular 104s but I can't recall it. Something to do with having disc 2 in the drive when you create you new character. Pointless now with SK.

6. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I don't think Sir Bel is lying. I also had a roll above 100, although I don't exactly remember the class or race. I think it was 103 or something.

7. keldor Gems: 5/31

I'm not suggesting he's lying as such but perhaps his memory is playing tricks on him because 108 is the maximum total possible and as has been shown in this thread, 93 (which is what used to take me hours to roll) gets you 18,18,18,18,18,3. A mere(!) 100 looks like a character who you couldn't forget if you were Minsc, no? - 18,18,18,18,18,10. Mathematically, those numbers cannot realistically be expected in months of re-rolling *with real dice* or without automatically getting a minimum that can be played as a ranger. Even with the automatic minimum, it must take a long time. Besides, what fun can there be playing such a one-dimensional PC? For me, such a character could only be interesting if he really was rolled on real dice, since then you'd know he was a *genuine* miracle character whose rarity matched his super skills - and you'd be terrified of him getting killed in every adventure. You'd become the group bore, always screaming for protection, - "I'm too great to die!"

Imagine if you had such a character rolled up in P&P and then you rolled his hps and got your 'house' minimum (I tend to 'not witness' my players hps dices rolls if they are under half)!
    Or, perhaps worse, you rolled maximum hps too, but rolled a crummy score for your extraordinary strength!

8. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

keldor, read the whole post--the BG2 engine cheats with dice rolling on races/classes that have high minimums. Sir Bel, rolling for a paladin, got a lot of help from the engine so it's more likely than you may realize. :)

9. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well stats for my ranger ( made few weeks ago when i decided i wont to play again through BGI, BGII, TotSC, ToB, and make a guy who is greater then Drizzt :D :) ) Elven Ranger..
    S 17
    D 19
    C 17
    I 15
    W 17
    C 18 = 103.. and 3-4 hours... god .
    Add tomes and manuals ill colect through the BG I :D :)
    Half-Elf Mage
    S 11
    D 12
    C 16
    I 18
    W 18
    C 18 --> 93

10. JulianMt Gems: 1/31

I can't remember his race or class but he had 18 in everything and if I'm not mistaken thats pretty good. If I was going to make a guess i was probobly a elf ranger or human cleric.

My latest ranger,just finished last week. Had 98 or 99. Anybody ever got a really bad one with minimum in everything??

11. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

18 in everything ey?

I´d like to see that... :rolleyes:

12. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31

I do that every time :shake: No offense intended, just jealous if you actually got that.

The highest I have gotten (without cheating of course), was 101, IIRC, with an Elf F/M/C. Or was it a F/M/T? Well, one of the two, anyway.

13. JulianMt Gems: 1/31

I loaded up the chr.file and checked it. I have to admit it was 12 in charismaand the strength was 18/94. But thats still good by my standards atleast. He was a she and she was human.

14. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sorry, Had to resurrect this thread, but I rolled a 99 for a Bard about 15 minutes ago :)
    I went with 18, 18, 15, 13, 17, 18, gonna do the whole series with this freak :p

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My R/C now is:

93, one of the highest I've ever had :eek:

I'm gonna take him through to ToB and annihilate everything :evil:

16. Robert the unwise Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My favourite paladin was

And that was how he naturally rolled. I was so impressed that I wrote it down on paper at the time.
    After adjusting he started the game at
    18/88
    I was quite happy to go with that :)

17. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My maximum was 94 on the elven thief.

Later I found out that
    str 18
    dex 19
    con 16
    int 18
    wis 18
    char 3

works fine, so I re-rolled till I got this one. :)

(of course, con changed if it was a fighter, and cha changed if minimal requirements were different)

18. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

So I guess it's fair to say you guys have set different goals for your gaming sessions. :p

The best roll I ever got was for my favorite Swashbuckler character in Baldur's Gate II. I barely had to adjust it to get to:

Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 17
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 17

Now, I know Charisma and Intelligence don't do that much for thieves (I think) but Swashbucklers are supposed to be "the epitome of charm and grace" so I kept it like that.

19. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

My new paladin has:
    STR: 18/00
    DEX: 16
    CON: 16
    INT: 15
    WIS: 15
    CHA: 18

Though once he has gone through the game, I expect +1 to all stats, except maybe strength, as although 19 is better, I think 18/00 looks more impressive, and a +3 to wisdom.

20. Robert the unwise Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Why would you leave a paladin with 16 in Dex and Con? Surely it would make more sense to reduce Int to 10, raise Dex and Con to 18, and Wis to 16.
    Just curious .....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.