1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[HotU] Drearing's Deep temple questions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tressym, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When i first ring the gong, the camera shows how people gathe around, how the temple's doors open, and how the two cuklt knights come down to stand near the gong as well. Then the camera moves around us all, and... get stuck.
    Twice, i left it for several minutes, and still it's stuck in that condition, with the characters and NPCs stretching and yawning, but nothing else happening. Eventually i hit Escape and find myself inside the temple. But what was i supposed to see? How did i get into the temple? Did something come out of there after the cult knights opened the doors and came down?

Anyway, another question:
    There's this vampire monc down in the pit. The door to the north needs a specific key, and i figure he probably has it, because since i can't find it anywhere. Pouring holy water in his coffin doesnlt work, and my confused little assasin tells me the only way to make him stay dead is with a wooden stake.
    Nice, now where the hell do i get a wooden stake?

Also, if my guess was wrong and the key isn't on him, then tell me where it is, please.

2. Chimera Gems: 5/31

Cutscene bugs are very popular in NWN.
    An alternative way of getting into the temple is simply killing the cult knights.
    To get the stakes you have to bash some wooden furniture (chairs, barrels, desks, benches - there is a wide variety to choose from :D ) and pick up what's left.

3. Tressym Gems: 5/31

So what does the cutscene show originally?

{getting into the temple is no the problem, i did it by Escaping the cs, but i still wanna know what the cs shows}

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The cut scene starts out with you hitting the gong infront of the cult palace, then villagers began to gather around. Next we have the climatic enterance of the high priest who is clearly a vampire who says since someone rang the gong a sacrifice to Vixthra must be made, you then get the option to volunteer to be sacrificed (the good path) or do nothing (the evil path) and let someone else be taken into the temple. Taking the evil path has almost no purpose, save true RP purposes, because you still have to wack the cult knights to get into the temple. I believe the third option is ti wack the high priest, but I've never tried doing that so I can't tell you what happens.

If you take the good path you end up just inside the enterance to the temple where the high priest tells the cult knights to strip your PC, as soon as the high priest leaves, the cult knights go hostile.

5. Tressym Gems: 5/31

I searched everywhere in Drearing's Deep, starting with the temple, but can't find anything that, when i smash it, leaves wooden stakes. So far i destroies a dresser, an alchemist's aparatus, a bookcase, and two different types of chests. Oh, and a statue. Though i remember encountering chairs and tables before, i can't fnd any here. Where should i go for the lumber?

6. Chimera Gems: 5/31

In the room where you fight the monk there should be some wooden boxes near the wall, also opposite to the coffin there is a wooden chest.

7. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Wheee, thancue! :=D

Last question {for the area, atleast}. After slaying Vix'thra, my journal says i claimed an important artifact. Errr... what important artifact?

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

there's an amulet you get when you rescue the astral deva.

9. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Oh, the Crystal of Undeath? Are you sure that's what the journal entry refers to? It's kinda lame for an "important artifact"...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.