1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[HOTU] The Three Guardians

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by david w, Dec 14, 2003.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Anyone know how I get past the three guardians on the first level of Undermountain? There are three floor levers there but I've spent 20 minutes pushing them one way then the other and nothing opens the door at the far end of the room.

Any ideas?

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm in the same predicament. I do know that the gargoyles need to be pointing towards the one door so that they all can send a beam of light into it. If you wait before touching them, the gargoyles will turn once on their own, then you can manually continue the turning and get it into position. Once they're in position, then throw the lever to set it in place. Problem is, however, that it seems it's easy to get 2 of them pointing properly, but the third one keeps bypassing the proper setting as you rotate it....all the while those creatures keep spawning doing significant amounts of damage. I've tried it a couple of times, but can't seem to figure out the sequence.

3. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I spent hours on this before discovering that you could actually rotate the statues by using them - I'd just been randomly flicking the levers. Luckily for me I was a lvl10 RDD so had fire immunity and the creatures never did me any damage :) . I never di work out what the levers did!

Any way I eventually got it working by being manually rotating the statues as fast as I could. I can't remember using the levers after discovering this.

4. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Once you manually move the statues by touching them, you pull the level, and they WILL NOT move. That is what the levers do.

5. Spellbound

Fade -- I can never seem the get the 3rd gargoyle in position. Is there some special sequence to turning them?

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ah, got it! I didn't realise you could turn the statues and instead was just trying to flick the levers in different orders in case that was how you opened the door. Quite easy once explained how to do it. :(

Anyway, I got the door open and... not much really. A very small room with a chest in the middle. Is there anything else in here that I'm missing?

7. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It just takes time, I had to wait 5 minutes or so to get the last one. If it helps I did them in this sequence when you are facing the door you are trying to break.

Top, Right, Left.

Hope that helps.

8. Spellbound

Finally... after quite a few tries. All I found was a chest as well (but with 5000 coin!), so I guess that's it!

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] For characters with a high Spot skill, there might be something more...

Anyway, 5000 gold always comes in handy. ;)

10. the bum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

as a side note, if you find secret doors to the room the exploding guys are being made, you can kill the maker, and stop them from dropping on you. Much easier this way, since you won't feel rushed and miss your mark.

:sleep:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.