1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Can I Know the Monster's Stats?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kasio, May 7, 2001.

1. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I know that it is possible to find out monsters stats (i mean like str, dex, int, AC, THAC0, Saving Throws, Weapon Profic. etc).

Earl Grey:
    ...the Twisted Rune gang. Kangaxx has AC-2, so is not too hard to hi...

Where can I obtain such info?

2. Nightal Gems: 7/31

Ctrl+Q them.

3. kasio Gems: 7/31

Glad you didnt suggest Atl+Ctrl+Del?

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 07, 2001).]

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Or alternatively, if you want to browse stuff out of the game, you can use Infinity Explore and look under the characters section. You can donwload the programme from Sorcerer's BG2 section:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.php

Near the bottom o the page.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  5. kasio Gems: 7/31

You mean these stats are not all collected and put in the web yet?
    I can NOT believe!
    All exp tables, walkthroughs, 1000000 strategies, magic tables in multiple versions by multiple authors BUT no monster stat, skill tables? hmm... how come?

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I have seen a few tables done for the basic monsters giving brief details like experience and AC. There are also tables for the party NPCs (on this site). Unfortunatley I haven't seen a complete list of all enemies and charcaters. I guess the problem is that there are just so damn many and most people don't really care about it. Normally people just want to know the strategy and the experience points for taking down a difficult enemy. Faced with this it would take a brave person (with too much time on their hands) to go through and record every stat on every character.

Although, as you point out, stranger things have happened. Now about:

'Kasio's Guide to BG Stats'

7. kasio Gems: 7/31

Sounds tempting. Unfortunately i am not a person with excess spare time :<
    But when killing creatures I would be pleased to look on their stats.
    btw how many creature types are in BG2

Slappys Handbook for Hunter would sound even better.
    I heard you to be legendary already. This could be last straw and you could probably be declared a Dragon.
    Moreover I am a bad guy with bad grammar here so nobody would use kasios guide anyway.
    And if i accidentally write it, and post link to it in this forum I bet this post with link will be moved to "Whatnots". Kinda local Recycle Bin (With comments: OK, this post was about BG2 but there were also some words that we can not relate with this game) :) Well thats a policy here :(

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 07, 2001).]

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  9. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Tal - is there actually NO such table for all the important monsters/ opponents in the game?? Surely someone out there must have the time to make one... although it won't be me ;)

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    None that I know of. What's the point... It's not like you're battling numbers, you try to imagine beating the crap out of living opponents.
    You get strategies how to kill a dragon, not how to lower 150 HP to 0.
    Get it?

(if anyone wants to make the list though, fell free to. I'd publish it on Sorcerer's Place if you send it to me)

11. kasio Gems: 7/31

Dragons have 150 hp? Well i think 1 thing you have to mention in strategies is monster stats. That would be very handy.
    btw if you say - who cares of stats, lets just beat monsters, next thing you will say is who cares of YOUR ac, thac0, le-ets just beat them!!!!
    Developing strategies is analysing your/opponent strengths/weaknesses to find out gaps in his defense. And you cant do it properly if you dont exactly know what you re facing!

And i just read the strategies from link posted above... Well i think there are chances for improvement:
    "...don't bother continuing. Reload and try again."
    "...once you see it, hit it fast and hit it hard. If you can knock a couple off, the group is no longer a problem."
    "...Most importantly, pray to the Baldur's Gate gods for luck."
    "...hit elementals will all you have before they get a chance to deal damage to you."
    "...hit them as hard as you can and as quickly as you can, and they will fall."
    "...They're not unbeatable, though, especially if you can attack hard and early."

and so on...
    From this review we can learn that hitting hard, fast, reloading and having luck shining is the best strategy for for every monster from goblin to dragon. Hard to object.
    Although there is some sentences really related to strategy I tend to think that posting all monster stats/weapons/spells it uses would be more helpful.

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 08, 2001).]

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Just FYI, I didn't write that whole guide. I'd especially avoid sentences like that. ;)
    I just added some of my own tips, and there are probably a lot more I could add now since I see there are hardly all good tactics written there.

13. kasio Gems: 7/31

But if there was monster Complete Stat Guide (I see it including Small Portrait; Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Char; AC; THAC0; Spells known; Weapon; Sav Thr and so on.)
    Players shouldnt be reading complete strategies but easily developing them by themselves. While strategies are ment just to blindly follow them (procedure), this guide would make (& help) people to think and improve(systems approach :)). And thats what RPGers like to do :).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.