1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I am a Dad again

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

For anyone who is interested, I just became a Dad again, when my beautiful new baby daughter was born this week.

This is one of the few moments in a man's life when he can get away with being all soppy and emotional, but life doesn't get much more awesome than this.

:D:happy::grin::aww::roll::banana::love::)

One thing that isn't awesome is that my son and I have been home alone for only 3 nights and the house is already a bombsite. Yesterday, I found some 3 day old washing in the machine that I had to redo. I've got serious work to do to get this all cleaned up before the wife gets home...........

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Woot!! Congrats old man. I remember the day we brought my daughter home. My son, in his 3 year old wisdom, looked at me at the end of the day and said: "Daddy, it's time for the baby to go home."

My response: "Hate to break this to you, buddy, but she is home . . . get used to it."

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hearty congrats, matey. :)

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Awesome news. Congrats, HB! :)

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Congratulations :)

Hope the family stays well and everything goes smoothly for you.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Congrats! :)

My next glass of scotch I will drink on you, not that I needed the pretext, but that way it will appear almost altruistic to me ;) :heh:

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You're a dad "again"? At what point did you stop being a dad after your son was born?

Anyway, congratulations on reclaiming the designation. :D

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Congrats on the little new ravenling! :banana:

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Congrats HB! Did you pick up Civ 5 yet? You can pass the late night awake hours doing something fun!

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I know Mrs. Snook has always been glad that we only have a son. She is convinced that there would be no way I could ever say no to Daddy's little girl. She is probably correct.

Congrats to the entire family.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good point, Splunge. I must make better use of the English language.

Aldeth, that's a great idea - although how would I stop playing just one more turn until dawn?

dmc - I'm still not sure what our son really thinks about this. He seems a bit nonchalant, but I don't think he fully grasps just how seismic a change this is going to be to his world.

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aww, big congrats hun. I'll have a drink to you! :lol:

Rob said a big well done to you too :D

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Congrats!

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good arrows pal.

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Congratulations on being a Dad again HB. Let's just say I basically have the same observation as Splunge when I read the title of this post.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Harbs, now you'll only have yourself to blame for sleepless nights. :D Congrats!

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just remember when she grows up that daughters are a fathers punishment for having sex!

(Can I say sex outside the MUG?)

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nah, it must be artificial insemination. With 12.5k posts, Harbs is always too busy posting here to get busy with Harbourgirl!

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Congratulations, Harbourboy - now you are twice the dad you used to be :D What is the young Harbourette's name, by the way? Or have you not chosen it yet?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Congrats Harbourboy. If you haven't named her just yet, are you going to let us decide in a poll? :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.