1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I love Aerie

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    NOT!
    She is pathetic. But I want to do the romance with her since I've never been able to stand her long enough before.
    Does she "quiet down" once the romance is rolling up there? If so how can I speed up the romance? Is there a cheat? Please tell me there's a cheat for this.

2. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I seem to recall her becoming less annoying near the end of BG2/beginning of TOB. Not only that, but i'm pretty sure she gets a whole new, less annoying voice set for a romanced TOB run.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What's the point of "cheating" with the romance? If you just want to see how it plays out, just do a Google search to locate the details. I know there are at least a couple of docs out there that explain the progression in detail. That would seem more practical if you want to know how it goes, but can't stand dealing with her in game.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    She does a lot of growing up over the course of the game, but if you're not into her type, why bother? Romances aren't any huge part of the game.

5. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Marceror I was hoping to speed up the romance in hopes that she'd be less annoying. I'd like to use her to the end but all of her interjections get annoying after a while.
    Google search you say? DOH! Just watched part of a video of the whole romance through to the end. You have a kid?!? How do you raise a kid while swinging a sword or casting a fireball? Lol. Or even do such while pregnant?
    Well at least I know now what happens. I can ditch her as usual. To bad there wasn't a way to get her wings back for her. You know maybe like a WISH spell??? Or even a lesser wish should do it.

Keneth I know the romances are really important but I'd just like to see them played out to see what happens :1eye: Hell you have a KID with Aerie!!!???

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You get her pregnant, you don't have a kid. Not during the course of the game anyway.

Also, restoring her wings should have been a fairly simple matter. There just aren't winged Humanoid sprites in the game. They probably got lazy or thought it would detract from her tragic past if you could just fix it with magic. D&D characters lose parts of their bodies all the time and they rarely get them back. Because story.

7. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    The video I saw had you adventuring with a pregnant Aerie. The baby was born just before crossing the bridge outside Saradush. The one you had to cross to get to Yaga-Shura in his siege camp.
    And why does Yaga-Shura wear girdle of fire giant strength? Or does he just carry it in his pocket? Lol

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Hrm, I don't believe I've ever actually seen the baby born, or more likely, I just don't remember it. Originally, the timer was like 60 hours of real time, which is obviously completely unrealistic since the expansion is nowhere near that long. At some point (maybe in EE or a patch down the line), the time was changed to 30 days in-game time, which is also pretty unrealistic, both in terms of how fast the child gestates and in terms of game time, unless you cheat or aimlessly travel around the map.

9. damedog Gems: 15/31

Resourceful Veteran

The baby is completely real, I had it happen to me right before the final boss of the game. I then went into the fiercest battle between near-deities the planes have ever seen with my newborn baby in my backpack :angel:

10. Jello Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wings? You want to talk about wings? We're talking about a game that wouldn't even let us do a Raise Dead spell on Khalid.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    There is plenty of precedent for resurrection spells not functioning.

12. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    To be fair, Jaheira does explain that raise undead won't work on Khalid, and even in pnp 2nd edition, there's plenty of reasons why raise undead might not work - First of all the soul has to be free and willing to return to the body, and it can't bring back characters killed by a death effect, also the character can't have been dead for more then 1 day per level of the caster of the raise undead spell.

Considering we don't know the exact method used by Irenicus or the time that has passed since Khalid's death once you do find him, it's perfectly reasonable for the raise undead spell to not have an effect even if you would be able to cast it on him.

13. Jello Gems: 1/31

his body could not have been there for very long if Jaheira was able to recognize him. Less than 14 days in all likelihood. The game makes no mention of the bloating and decay factor involved with being dead, and no foul smell. Perhaps dying works differently in the realms. I doubt it. And there may be a method of figuring out how Irenicus killed Khalid. Frankly, I've never kept Jaheira around in my party long enough to know for sure. In the opening chapter, the game makes a very big deal of Jaheira's rage over the death of Khalil. I would imagine the game has some kind of interaction between Jaheira and Irenicus later if you keep her. Maybe if someone has ever completed the game with Jaheira, they can correct me if I'm wrong.

I replace her with Viconia as soon as I find her. Me, Edwin, Viconia, and Korgan. One big happy evil party. And now that I have Hexxat....

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dorn is no slouch either.

Jello likes this.
  15. damedog Gems: 15/31

Resourceful Veteran

I'm pretty sure a "massive damage" insta-death makes your body beyond repair and unable to be raised. Jaheria seems to imply that this is what happened.

Jello likes this.
  16. Jello Gems: 1/31

I haven't gotten Dorn yet. I still had Anomen in my party when I found him, but now that Anomen has left me over Hexxat, I'm going back to get him. Goodbye, Yoshi.

Btw, any advice on who to give the Flail of Ages to if I'm not going to be using Anomen? I had no idea Anomen wasn't going to work with Hexxat when I started, so I haven't been prepping Minsc and Boo for the flail. Perhaps Anomen will work with Hexxat if I get him to be chaotic neutral.

On a side note, she's really useful early in the game because you lose Imoen right away and Jaheira is just not the right boob size. But you have to accept her until you find Viconia. The ability to cast both cleric spells and mage spells is not an advantage to be taken lightly. She's a silent killer, almost like one of my beer farts. She's probably the needed support if you want to beat Kangaxx in a fair fight, although I prefer my gnome illusionist for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You don't need any of them TBH and you can get to Viccy pretty fast.

18. Jello Gems: 1/31

Not as fast as you can get Aerie. And while Viconia is certainly the best character in the game aside from Edwin, Vic does not have any mage spells. Aerie's spells are better than anything Viconia has to offer early in the game.

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well yeah, Aerie's right outside, I'm just saying that you're never in such a desperate need for a priest that you couldn't wait until Viccy.

20. Jello Gems: 1/31

No, you're still wrong. You're calling Aerie a priest and such and forgetting that she's a mage as well. Those early spells are extremely helpful if you're willing to put up with her annoying voice and self righteous nature. I think I actually prefer her over Keldorn, and that's saying a lot. In any case, I'm not saying that Aerie deserves to live. I think I'm going to kill her along with Minsc and Boo when the time comes to truly have an evil party. But she really is a fascinating character due to her dual class status.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.