1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I love Aerie

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Dec 24, 2015.

1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, there's a mod, or a component of the tweakpack or banterpack or some such that reduces the time between the different talks / banter, so that you can get it all in one go. Even so, I'm sure I've missed some dialogue here and there because other dialogue took primacy (like not being able to redeem Sarevok because not all his talks would trigger in time, due to lovetalks all the time).
    So bascally, Khalid got gibbed.

2. Jello Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Isn't it cruel that the developers incorporated Khalid's violent death into the game, yet did not add any material from the Book of Vile Darkness into the game. They didn't make it instantly obvious exactly what happened to Kahlid, but whatever happened was rather unpleasant. It would have been cool if there was some quest to redeem Khalid or to even get him in your party.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm curious how Beamdog will explain the death in the expansion they are working on. I assume lots of long standing questions will recieve some form of answer.

A bit unrelated, but wondering if there's a way I can reply to this thread without the forum automatically making me watch it. There's no need to spam my inbox when someone replies. I'll come by and check when I have the time and inclination. I'm noting that the thread watching thing keeps turning on when I reply, in spite of me previously having turned it off. Not a big deal, but if there's a way to prevent this I'd be happy to learn about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aerie having access to both arcane and divine spellcasting does give her some merit, especially since elves naturally can't multiclass into cleric/mage.
    As soon as you make your way to the government district to pick up Viconia though, you can pick up Jan as well, also giving you access to both kinds of spellcasting - which might be preferred for players rolling an evil party. (though Jan isn't evil but Chaotic Neutral instead, but afaik he does not conflict with any of the evil npc's.)

Aerie's real merit comes from the sheer amount of spells she has access to and can cast, as well as the fact that you can delegate buffing and damaging spells to the mage side, keeping her cleric spell slots open for healing spells.
    You'll have to bump up her INT a bit in some way or another for her to learn mage spells reliably since she only has a base of 16, but even that isn't big enough of a shortcoming to write her off as a potential party member, especially if you are running a good party.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't think they will. AFAIK, the game will cover the break between BG1 and BG2, that is to say the time from defeating Sarevok to the time before being captured by Irenicus. So in all likelihood, we're not gonna find out anything about what Irenicus did to Khalid.

And it's not an expansion, it's a full-sized, standalone game.

7. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Yeah, i'm pretty sure I had the tweak installed that slightly lowered the in-game time between talks. That's the only way i've ever experienced a full romance + complete Sarevok dialogue in a playthough. I think the whole lovetalk where you have the baby runs on real time however, which can be explained by me falling asleep while keeping the game up more than once :D

Aerie can also do mage/cleric spell combos that nobody else in the game but her (or a M/C PC) can do. Greater malison + Doom + Chromatic Orb
    was one I was rather fond of.

Hyped for the new BG game.

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Beamdog doesn't seem to agree. From http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/:

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's odd, I was sure they said it was gonna come out as a standalone campaign with an upgraded engine when I was talking to the devs. Must have misunderstood.

If it's not, that means they've gotta rollover all engine changes to BG:EE as well, which is definitely good news for me and other modders, but a lot of extra work for them...

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm pretty sure that I've seen it touted as a separate new game in the past as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.