1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I love this game

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dorion Blackstar, Apr 24, 2004.

1. malachite Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I must admit I love this game too. My favourite game is still BG2 but this would be second. I was fully prepared to dislike the turn-based combat but find now I actually prefer it. I grew up playing pnp Ad&D 1st and 2nd edition and the combat in ToEE and just the feel of the game bring back lots of fond memories. I've played all of the old greyhawk modules so I'm hoping they make some more games based on them. The against the giants/ descent into the depths series would be great or even the slavers series. O.K there are bugs but for some reason I didn't seem to come across most of the problems posted in the forums or wasn't too bothered by them if I did, I played straight through no problem. The only problem I had with the NPC's was having them overburden themselves with loot but I've downloaded a mod to fix that. I'd definitely recomend it, especially to fans of the pnp game. I wasn't a fan of 3rd edition and still don't like some of the rules (e.g multi-classing) but they're growing on me and some of the other features ToEE has added like showing the area effect of spells, I wouldn't be without now.

2. Driden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When I first heard about this game I was pretty excited because RPGs were lacking at the time. I began to turn my interest to FPS and completely forgot about this game. I read all the bad reviews and knowing I can't trust others I downloaded the demo. I fell in love. It was a graphically updated BG game with final fantasy tatics turn base fighting.

I did an online search for the game to buy the cheapest I found was 29.90. I bought it and it was a disaster. Quests were broken, my log book and other such things wouldn't update. I tried patching it and even adding mods but by than it was too late and my saved game was on the 3rd floor of the temple. Finally to ice the cake my save game got corrupted.

I downloaded 2 mods and tried again. Now the quests work, my journal works etc. But in the nodes especially Fire one my screen drags even froze 3 times and I have radeon 9800 pro, 2.66 Ghz, over 1 gb of ram not too impressive but way over the recommended requirements.

Good news is Atari is releasing a new patch 2.0 this Friday and they're working on a third patch. The gameplay and graphics alone are worth the bugs imo. any hardcore PnP or DnD player should give this game a try.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.