1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If there was a Film...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Dargorn, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Of BG2, who would play each Npc and/or other prominent characters?

I only thought of this topic when i realised how well Richard. E. Grant. would play Heardelis.

2. Klonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Mel Gibson would be a great hero/child of Bhaal. This thought comes from the dark move Payback. I think he would do a grreat job of the main char.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Katie Holmes as Imoen :love:

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    John Rhys Davies as Korgan, he's a natural.

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Halle Berry - Viconia (X-MEN anyone)

6. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I could picture a Mel Gibson Minsc. Tim Curry as Irenicus? hah. Or Anthony Hopkins.

I also wonder, what characters do you think would be in the movie? Movies can't have too many characters or they become clumsy..

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Here's about as good a go as I can make of it,

Aerie - Lorri Bagley, the hot blonde that we all remember from Tommyboy. Has the voice for it as well.
    Anomen - Hugh Jackman
    Cernd - Michael Greyeyes, if he grows his hair back.
    Edwin - Gary Oldman
    HaerDalis'- Orlando Bloom, with his voice and appearance, I think he could pull this off as well.
    Imoen - Jessica Alba
    Jaheira - Joanna Pacula, assuming she still looks the part.
    Jan Jansen - Warwick Davis
    Keldorn - Rutger Hauer, I can't think of anyone else who could better meld age, manliness, and dignity.
    Korgan - John Rhys-Davies, who else?
    Mazzy Fentan - Lorri Petty
    Minsc - Schwarzenagger, after watching him in that Twins movie, I can definitely see him as Minsc. Question is, would he even want to?
    Nalia - Drew Barrymore
    Sarevok - Vin Diesel?
    Valygar - Leon. If you can accept Valygar as being a real tall type, Leon can definitely perform Valygar if he grows his hair for the part.
    Viconia - definitely Halle Barrie, sorry if I mispelled that.
    Yoshimo - I'm stuck on this one. It would seem rather demeaning to slot today's martial arts superstars into this kind of role.

8. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You would have to choose a small subset of characters to use in the movie. These are the ones I would use to varying extents, protagonist excluded.

Minsc - Schwarzeneggar
    Keldorn - Sean Connery (isn't this a no-brainer?)
    Viconia - Halle Berry (seems unanimous)
    Imoen - Gwynneth Paltrow
    Bodhi - Winona Ryder
    Irenicus - John Malkovich
    Edwin - Kevin Spacey
    Valygar - Wesley Snipes
    and my favorite
    Jan Jansen played by Danny DeVito

I think it would make a great flick, just keep the connection to D&D a secret so it doesn't turn out like the last movie with the same name.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I was going to paste my list I once posted elsewhere, but Beren's one is better. I'd only propose some ather actress for Nalia's part. I think Drew Barrymore doesn't look like a noble.

10. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Beren you read my mind with the Gary Oldman. But for Yosimo I think we should look to the wonderful actor who played Rufio in Hook. I was also hoping to find a char for Val Kilmer, but he's just too damn good to do anything other than be the main char.

But I beleive that so far we have all fallen short the true star of this movie: Verne (drawing a blank, we all know and love him as Mini-me from Austin Powers.) as Korgan the evil berserker dwarf.

**edit**
    While John Rhys-Davies played an excellent dwarf I want the poor guy to get more credit than that. He's a giant after all, the guy's nearly 7 foot. Ok that's exagerating but putting an exceptional actor like that in a role exactly like a prior one seems demeaning to me. For shame, all of you, give him his dues and let him drink a beer is all I ask.

[ January 08, 2003, 03:41: Message edited by: The Irreligious Paladin ]

11. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I got someone good for yoshimo..

Beat Takeshi. Anyone who's seen his yakuza films can agree. Why bother with some HK star? Sides, I'm SO TIRED of the new stuff. Give me the kung-fu flicks from the 70s and early 80s.

12. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

That Brock guy from the WWF would make a perfect Minsc, if they taught him to smile merrily and gave some schooling for his IQ obviously has to be raised for performing Minsc afterall. No really, Schwarzenegger would be perfect. Not because he's stupid, but because his past offers the best basis for a Minsc. And honestly, playing Minsc does require acting, and I believe that Schwarzenegger has what it takes. Question really is, would he play the part?

Viconia = Halle Berry was a good one on this one. But she needs to learn to act tougher. She's been a wuss in every movie I've seen her in so far.

Imoen = Either Alyson Hannigan (no I don't use her picture, but her general acting is exactly Imoen) or Kristen Dunst.

Aerie = Yes, the LoTR: TT movie left no suspicions. It's Miranda Otto. What with her small, frail avariel body and innocent looks and voice.

Keldorn = Sean Connery, no compromises. He would own as Keldorn.

Korgan = John Rhys-Davies, again. Not because he's that good (which he is), but because I don't remember anyone else playing a role of a dwarf.. ever.

Anomen = Someone like Hugh Grant or Richard Gere.. but I wouldn't want to see their faces at all so I prefer we leave Anomen out alltogether.

Valygar = Vin Diesel.

Yohshimo = Chow Yun-Fat, love this guy. Besides Yoshimo should be dramatisized far more in a movie than he was in the game. And Chow Yun-Fat if anyone has what it takes to play this role, being amongst the most multiversial and talented actors that I know. Alternately, Chow could also play Irenicus' role, if ethnicity was not counted.

Edwin = Bruce Campbell, definitely. Otherwise I'd go for Steve Buscemi, but perhaps Campbell is distorted enough to be able to play this part.
    It does require the ability to play comedy, afterall.

Irenicus = I might suggest Mel Gibson for this one.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure on Jaheira, Jan, Irenicus, Bodhi, Cernd, Mazzy, Nalia or Haer'Dalis.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Halle Berry is absolutly NOT Viconia! Halle Berry is ugly!...

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Jan Jansen have to be that old man on CBS 60 minutes...

And SleepleSS; all we other thinks that she should be the one so just sit down 'kay?

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @SleepleSS - While there may be issues with her acting abilities (I don't think so, but I've heard others complain), I'm not aware of anyone who thinks Halle Berry is actually anything less than beautiful. My wife thinks she's hands-down the best looking actress out there and I agree. Ugly just doesn't even enter the equation. (Dave Justice is such a moron!)

16. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Yeah guys the only problem i think you havent realised is this. Sean connery is in his 80's now and mel gibson is far too old looking to play a 19 year old boy scout hero. Same with arnie. Sean connery would have done great but just not happening.

So i came up with a few more.

Aerie: Tara Reid. I have always thoguht she would make a great elf.
    Anomen: Has to be hugh jackman, good call.
    Irenicus: Gary Oldman, what a brilliant call, if you want proof look for DR.Zorg in Fifth element.
    Haerdalis: Orlando is a good choice on this one.
    Sarevock: Vin diesel is perfect.
    Nalia: I have noone for this one yet but i totally disagree with Drew barrymore, Nalia is a pretty girl, neither of these words, IMHO describe her.
    Imoen: Rachel Leigh Cook?
    Keldorn: This one has me a little stumped, i think maybe i would have to go with Sean Bean. If only the other sean wasn't nearly dead.
    Korgan: I really don't need to answer this.
    Valygar: Wesley Snipes or Leon
    Viconia:....again no need to say
    Jaheira: I was going to say Carmen Electra but she can't act so i really don't know.

Main Character: I think this job would have to go to me. Thank you.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Keldorn? That's an easy one. Harrison Ford, who else? He even looks like him somewhat.

18. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] No ones mentioned Christopher Walken yet. I think he'd probably suit the Child of Bhaal of course, but I could see him being a damn good Hear'Dalis if he was little younger of course ;)
    Failing that typecast him again as the big bad guy. :rolleyes:

Danny Glover as Valygar

And I could see Gillian Anderson being a great Mazzy for some reason, but I'd write the character as human and damn all us purists ;)

And Joe Pesci as Jan Jansen, that way Jan would be in a party ;)

I shall think of more later as a mind block has appeared over every actor and actress I know now :hmm:

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Christopher Walken as Haer'Dalis?! Perish the thought! :eek: If bladesmanship and dramatic abilities are more important for this role than sheer pretty-boy eye candy appeal, there's really only one choice...

Mandy Patinkin!

20. IceFalcon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't know about harrison ford as Keldorn. he might be pretty good, but i have trouble seeing him as the paladin there. sean connery would be really good i think, but i have to agree he's kinda getting up there. other than that....i don't really know. halle berry would be a good viconia though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.