1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm looking for Sylvus...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Killian, Dec 30, 2000.

1. Killian Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hey im very confused bout neverwinter nights

i made an application to ALFA

i made a character story

does it sound ok

Killian Spellstryfe is the son of a mage who was not around when Killian was a child. His mother believed her husband had left her but told Killian that his father had died. She instilled in her child a great fear of magic. Killian became a vagabond and a trouble maker and was often at odds with the law. As he grew up Killian became a wanderer without a purpose. He earned money as a sword for hire. On a meeting with a proposed client the client revealed himself to be Killian's father. He told Killian of how he had stumbled upon a group of Drow on a surface raid who captured him. He was sold into slavery until his drow master (whose house was being threatened) decided he would be more useful in the upcoming battle with a rival family. Killian's father had been instrumental in the success of his foster family and his master rewarded him with his freedom. Killian stayed in the Underdark as a faithful (as faithful as any in the Underdark ever are) servant. He became an even more powerful mage with Drow magic. Eventually Killian's father left the Underdark to seek out his son. Killian was trained by his father as a mage and has since been adventuring.

now that was my story

can i be a kensai?

i cant have my inventory?

can we make our own partys?

ps if ne one actually makes it to the bottom of this im a kensai mage and i have a thief fighter that i will import to NWN if anybody wants me in theier party email me at judotiger@yahoo.com and tell me what ya are

Killian

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't think kits will be in the original release of NWN. Maybe as modules later...

P.S. Sylvus has been gone for a while, so don't re-post if he doesn't answer. I have no idea what happened to him.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 30, 2000).]

3. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'd ask Darpaek, or someone else from ALFA. Have you gotten a reply about your application yet?

I myself am particularly wondering if there was any way I could get on some form of inside track (hehe *stares at Tal, blinks, continues staring), and maybe if some pepl's wanted to start a guild together, that would be cool.

Amon-Ra

[This message has been edited by Amon-Ra (edited December 31, 2000).]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I was thinking about starting a guild...
    The problem is such a thing takes a lot of time and commitment if you want to lead it. I have my hands full with the site already, so I guess you could say I'm looking for someone who wants to start a guild here. In other words, any reliable people willing to lead a guild hosted at Sorcerer's Place?

It's not a bad offer, I think. You get your own @sorcerers.net email, full support from me and space to run a guild on. (either a subdomain of our own or a separate section on the site). Not to mention a lot of traffic coming through the site... ;)

Anyone interested mail me at sorcerer -AT- sorcerers.net .

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Your history sounds fine and no, there will be no kit support when Neverwinter Nights is released, unless they slip it in from now to its release date.

You can import your character to NWN single player and those multiplayer games offered by people, but ALFA will not allow an imported character from BG2. Everyone starts off at 1st level.

As for creating a group to travel with, yes you may do this. Either offline with your friends or by meeting people in the ALFA world.

Your inventory will not go along with you and all characters will basically start off with their character's basic, 1st level starting kit.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited January 02, 2001).]

6. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31

I'd be willing to invest the time and effort, so long as we could get some more people to commit to being in the guild. I know myself and hopefully Vile will want in for sure, and you guys, but i'd like maybe a 6-10 person guild. But, seeing as how there are TONS of people who would want to join, (say, oh, all those who frequent Sorcerer's) there will probably be more like 50. Eh, that would be cool too.

BTW, how long exactly are they going to keep accepting admissions? Until NWN is released? And if so, does anyone know exactly what can get an admission dropped for sure? (i.e. choosing Drow as your race) 'Cuz I submitted an application (granted, it was on Christmas) with what was IMO a damn good history, but have not yet heard from them. They say allow 2 wks, does that mean:

AT THE END OF TWO WEEKS, YOU WILL GET A REPLY, IF NOT SORRY.
    or
    SOMEWHERE ALONG THE 2 WEEKS, WE'LL TALK TO YOU SO ANTICIPATE OUR MAIL.

How did it work with you guys, as in, how long did it take to recieve a reply? I've been RP'ing for a long time, and I know the land of Faerun rather well, so this would be a bitchin' thing if I could only get a reply.

Amon-Ra

[This message has been edited by Amon-Ra (edited January 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Amon-Ra (edited January 03, 2001).]

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'm offering to host the 'Ancient Order of Reasonably Trustworthy Adventurers' (AORTA)
    aims roughly Harper like, work behind scenes to keep Realms free etc. Open to any non-evil PCs. Anyone interested in getting together and fleshing out the guild can e-mail me at mike@erran.fsnet.co.uk
    European gamers especialy welcome!

8. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] P.S
    Amon - I got the OK within a week, but things could be slow round Xmas - some of these people might have lives!
    I think Syl gave a good clue as to what they are looking for - poor spelling, "I gotta +5 Flail called spikey" would be a turn off; a story that shows some imagination and abasic understanding of how the Realms work would be plusses.
    As more servers come on line I expect the number of players to be increased.

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I can't see you having any problems getting accepted Amon-Ra, unless of course you made yourself sound ever so powerful or something :)

Drow and Half-Drow are available in ALFA the last I heard as they will be adding scripts to handle the bonuses and penalties for being such a character. These scripts will be run on all servers but of course, no one can really go into detail until NWN is out and we see how powerful the script feature is.

I know applications have not been looked at from January 10, 2001 on. As for player applications, they have shut them down until April (ALFA redesign for the home site). They should keep the DM application form up in my opinion. Players are easy to come by, DMs aren't.

Give me your character name. I can find out if you were accepted or not.

Syl...

10. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31

My player name is Seth Kindar, an elven druid. I was in the process of reformatting just after I sent in the application, so I might have just missed the reply. Otherwise I'll just re-apply in April. Anyway, thanks for helping me out, man.

Amon-Ra

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.