1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen Mod Relationship

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Vhailor, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

[​IMG] How do you know if it is working? In the read me it said I was supposed to have dreams or something. Do you know if shadow keeper messes it up or do I just need to give it more time?

How would you rate this mod? (no spoliers please)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  2. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Which one? (Which Imoen relationship mod, please - are you talking about Lord Mirrabo's Imoen Romance?)

3. Vhailor

That would be the one.

http://www.imoen.org/

but I think I installed the weirdo version. Lord Mirrabo? maybe?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yes, that is Lord M's Imoen Romance (the Imoen Relationship is an entirely different mod still in production). I quite enjoyed it, although I wasn't keen on it killing the Aerie romance for me and the extended dream sequences can get wearing the nth time you play BG with the mod installed.

First of all, I would check the WEIDU log in your BGII folder. If the mod is on it, then it has been installed. If it isn't there, then you need to go and make sure you install it properly. Let us know how you get on.

5. cmorgan Gems: 6/31

Just a minor warning (pun intended) - it can get rather graphic at times (perhaps an understatement). Not a problem for some folks, but the author definitely allows you to make some very unconventional decisions. When he says "freedom of choice", he means "I mean it - freedom to break lots of boundaries, some of them pleasant, some of them not so much - and some that will get you locked up or dead." It is worth a solid (non-spoiler) forum read before you parttake.

6. Vhailor

This mod is turing out to be such a pain, and I haven't even rescued Imeon yet. Half the spells and items are now giberish and you can't read their description. Minsc thinks he's Aarie or something. Some of the wording of the quests don't even make sense. I just got to the place by Spellhold. THey still talk like Aarie and Imeon are in my party which are not. But worst of all Minsc got worms and died. (plauge) WTF?
    Is this really worth it?

7. cmorgan Gems: 6/31

Well, that sounds like a savegame brought over from a different install, or a scrambled dialog.tlk, not specificall Lord M's Imoen mod. The fix is to either
    a. reinstall everything frm the ground up and start again, if it is a clean install;
    b. start a new game if you started using a savegame, or
    c. if you installed t in the middel of a game you could try uninstalling it and going from a save before you added it.

The discussion with this mod is not that sort of problem (bugs). The forums over there have some workarounds for problems you could run into, but none of them are quite what you are describing. Usually the discussion focusses on subjects like graphic text depictions of violent action and unwanted contact, explicit dialogue and action text, and... erm... incest. Not to mention an easter-egg encounter between Imoen, Aerie, and PC with PC having undergone use of the Belt of Gender Change, and some serious 4th wall breakage. Like I said, reading forums first is the best way to approach the mod. With no offense intended to the author, who has laid everything out clearly in the readme and kept his forums appropriately filled with warnings - and is absolutely clear aboout intent, audience, and content, this is not my cup of tea, so I can't really advise you if it is worth it for you to keep playing. But what you are describing does not sound like something that is the fault of that particular mod.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

If we're talking about Lord M's Imoen Romance, then it's an all-time favorite of mine. It adds a significant amount of material, even if you're on the friendship path.

I definitively enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the ToB part.

Hail Lord M!

9. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Isnt Imoen technically your half sister?

10. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If sex between two willing adults is accepted, no matter their gender or age difference, then incest, just like homosexuality, should be accepted, as well, just like your average boy+girl next door stuff. (Unless the couple is going to have children, which is a subject for another discussion, and, in any case, it isn't present in any of NPC-related mods to date). Otherwise it would be pure hypocrisy, wouldn't it?

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well said Kulyok.

A subject that has been beaten to death repeatedly. ;) Arguably so, but it seems a bit far fetched to suggest that you share DNA from a common parent- you had different mothers and Bhaal's form was rather...changable. The problem with incest is that recessive genes are more likely to emerge in the couple's offspring. Since you don't really share the same genetic material, this isn't really a problem. Indeed, because of this, it is possible to argue that Imoen is not related to you at all (the only thing you have in common is divine essence).

I seem to recall there being a thread about this on the mod's forums.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :deadhorse:

The problem with incest is that ... SHE ... IS ... YOUR ... SISTER. That's more of an 'I'm going to get ill' issue to me.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:

So I gather that your sister is really ugly?

:p

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Perhaps she has something contagious?

Rational thinking for the win, I see. :p

Your sibling status is debatable, as I said above.

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually they're both rather attractive (and my mom was teh most beautiful woman in the world -- at least I thought so). Fortunately for most of us there is a hardwired psychological issue which prevents sexual attraction among siblings. Perhaps that's not true for everyone. Is it Splunge?

Why does such a stance need to be rational?

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wouldn't know - my sister is really ugly. :p

T2Bruno likes this.
  17. cmorgan Gems: 6/31

Wow, we went off topic :) (leave my fictitional and/or real-life sister out of this, you lecherous wild things...)

Vhailor, please follow up so we can help you out on the technical details. Just let us know if a start - from - the - beginning game has this problem, or if you started from a previous save. Then with the combined knowledge lurking around this joint we can walk you through whatever you need walking through.

18. Disciple of The Watch

The topic has been beaten to death before... Your only common parent is a FREAKING GOD. That hardly counts as a genetic bond.

If you have a problem with the mod, then don't freaking play it. I don't, and I immensely enjoyed playing that mod. Period.

19. Vhailor

I unistalled some mods which took care of the problems. Thanks
    I have never tried the Ascention Mod is it compatable?
    What NPC would you recommend taking? I mean do any comment on Imeon's being your sister?

20. Disciple of The Watch

Oh hell yeah. Keldorn and Jaheira. Viconia and Aerie also have some banters.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.